Time Lapse recording after power interruption

Will a time lapse recording continue after a power interruption without having to restart it?

1 Like

I’m sure someone will be along shortly that knows, but if it is mission critical, you could always get a small UPS or simply start it on a battery pack depending on how long the time lapse is covering. With a UPS, you wouldn’t have missing footage even if it starts back or not. Depending on the length of the power outage of course.

I don’t know the answer, but seems this would be something pretty simple to test yourself. If you do, please let us know.

Just tested it and it appears when you lose power the time lapse recording stops and does not restart. I use my camera in a remote location without network access so start the recording while I am connected. Problem is when you lose power it stops and you cannot restart.

Too bad that’s bad news. Thanks for letting us know though.

Great question. I didn’t know the answer until today. I tested on v2 and Pan myself. Both time lapse continued after restart. I am pleasantly surprised. :slight_smile: Asked the devs and they confirmed it will continue.

1 Like

Thank you very much. Just what I needed.

Just have one additional question.

How does the camera know what time it is if it is not connected to the network? In other words I start the time lapse while connected to the network and then move it to an area without network access. The camera will continue to record but how does it know to continue the time lapse if the power failed and then restarted.

I may try an experiment with power out, Wi-Fi out, and then both out. Both went out recently and seems to have forgotten about the time lapse.