Time Change Issues With Plug and Bulb

I live on the west coast and we just did the “fall back” thing with the time change. It seems that my bulb and plug schedules are not taking to the time change though. Both schedules were set to turn on at 6:30 PM “Pacific Daylight Savings Time”. Note that I am just referencing the mode of time here. There are NO options in the app where you can specify Daylight Savings Time or Standard Time in the app. Nor are there any checkboxes to “automatically adjust for DST”. Nor are there any options in the app to do a time sync on these devices, like the WYZE Cam Outdoor Base Station.

After the time change, I “fell back” the schedules to turn on at 5:30 PM, which is now “Standard Time”. After making this change, the schedules are now turning on at 4:30 PM, which is too early. Anyone having these same issues? Any suggestions to correct it? Thanks in advance for your responses!

2 Likes

Change the bulb schedule back to 6:30 PM so thy will come on at 5:30 PM and
open a Support Ticket indicating the time indicated on the app is incorrect. :slightly_smiling_face:

Live support is available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT 206.339.9646

1 Like

We faced the same issue with out Wyze Plugs.
Today I tried the old - “unplug and plug” method and this seems to work.

2 Likes

Hi @potterfanatic and welcome to the Community Forum. Thanks for the tip! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I believe I was able to correct this problem by disabling each of the schedules, backing out of them (saving the changes), then going back in and re-enabling them and saving them again. Bulb and Plug turned on at the correct time last night. As a suggestion, there should be some kind of time sync or DST adjustment option for these devices in the app.

1 Like

I agree but am not a Wyze employee.
You could describe this trouble and add that to the #wishlist.
I see other threads here w/same problem.

I have the same issue with my bulbs and plugs – very frustrating. I’m surprised more people haven’t jumped all over this, as scheduling is the entire reason for either of these products. So, are only a few users impacted by this bug, or are only a few users actually logging in to voice their troubles?

I love Wyze. I also work for a start-up and am rooting for them all the way. BUT, they seem to be so focused on new products that they are not supporting existing products. Frankly, this one is inexcusable.

1 Like