This Forum Doesn't Suffer Fools Gladly

I do wish there was a self assessment quiz that we could encourage people to give themselves, to help us help them.

And along with some of the same questions that have been asked and answered for new people many times, I wonder if there is not a better way? A way that we are not capitalizing on/with. Maybe YouTube? Should we explore what’s already been done, then work up maybe an Table of Contents/Index that is a Forum sticky where folks could browse up/down and maybe find a link that allows them to watch what’s explained versus try to interpret correctly/incorrectly?

1 Like

The obvious flaw in that plan is that exactly the people who would benefit are those who are already ignoring the existing available information, and so would dutifully ignore any such enhanced resources too…

5 Likes

So absolutely true, I have years and years of that specific experience. My point here, its not unique to Wyze camera owners.

1 Like

Thanks, Sam. 4-for-10 over a career would make me Ted Williams, eh? (If only! :wink: )

1 Like

I think I’m allergic to being ‘handled.’ Probably a lot of other semi-sensitive folk are as well.

Have you encountered many you suspect are feeling that way as you guide them toward a more constructive path? :slight_smile:

I’m allergic to this as well. If we continue to offload our native abilities (like people did with calculators losing the capacity to ‘figger’ in their heads) they’ll shrink, wither and die. I like ‘rough’ and personal assessments then interact and get a ‘sense.’ Self-assessment uber alles! :wink:

Some people play ‘help desk poker’ too where they bluff a lesser aptitude than they actually have while squirreling away ‘hole cards’ out of sight.

I’ve been accused of this, unjustly I might add. :grin:

(I don’t play poker so this is ‘rough’ at best.)

1 Like

Sorry, I couldn’t find the sarcasm font when I originally typed this :roll_eyes:.

2 Likes

Ok, not you, wiseass, but the rest of my mini-rant stands. It’s the prevailing trend.

Everything’s not about you, y’know. :wink:

1 Like

Understand. Empathize.

Did you get a batch of bad flies recently? A toad pee on your lilly pad?

Just seem wound a wrap tighter on the line than usual.

1 Like

Sense this, mofo. :point_down:

1 Like

I never knew DiscoBot had such a big worm. Do you empathize with the fish? Perhaps I should change my handle and avatar, I don’t want it to be offensive. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I love you just the way you are. :kissing_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I’m thinking you could use some therapeutic time in the DM w\ @carverofchoice.

2 Likes

He scares me. Too touchy feely. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I for one have never overestimated you.

You’re welcome. :wink:

3 Likes

:laughing: What a great compliment! Thanks!

Shall we all meet for a tech boy snuggle cuddle later on? :people_hugging:

:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting: Eeeewwww!:face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

Classic Projection I now deduce. :mag::man_detective:

3 Likes

:man_shrugging: :woman_shrugging: :person_shrugging:  Cast a wide net, I always say…

:joy:

2 Likes

Pointcast was cool too.