Thermostat temperature range

How low can you set the thermostat thermostat while in heat mode? This is important for a second home in a cold climate when you want to save energy while it is unoccupied. My preference would be 40 degrees. Any higher will waste a lot of energy.

2 Likes

Looks like 50 is the lowest

That’s a bummer. I think Wyse is going to loose a lot of potential sales.

2 Likes

I’m with you. My current thermostat goes to 45, but I’d prefer 40. Maybe a software update can expand the range.

1 Like

I installed my thermostat at my cabin today. While the lowest setting is 50 degrees, there is a safety temperature under the advanced settings that can be set from 35-50 degrees. It states that it will maintain the safety temperature even when the thermostat is off. I’ll see how it works when we head home in a few days.

2 Likes

That could work. If you try it please let us know. I assume you could still monitor the temp remotely with the app and turn the heat back on if the temperature dropped below your safety setting. Not that you would want to monitor it all the time, but just as a test. Perhaps there is also an alarm feature in the app where you could have it email or text you if the room temp dropped below your alarm setting. That would be helpful as long as you could set the alarm down as low as 35 degrees.

Have you tested the “turned off minimum” yet? I am in the same situation and have held off installing the thermostat at my cabin. I currently have a smart Honeywell and it goes down to 40.

There’s a feature request in to request a lower software limit, Vote for it if you want this feature.

I submitted a ticket with customer service since the Safety Temp does not send a notification and seems to default to the last setting. My work around for now it to go to Settings>Advanced>Temperature Correction and entering 10 degrees, which makes it actually set to 40 when it shows 50.
Hopefully they’ll fix the issue soon, but this works for now.

1 Like