Thermostat offline repeatedly

My Firmware is 1.2.1
I see no way to update it.

In order to update the T-Stat FW, you need to join the Beta Program. You can do that by going here:

Then you can go to the app, select Account, then About. Scroll to the bottom and select Beta Program, click Edit in the top right, scroll down to the T-Stat and select it. You can also select other devices you would like the beta firmware for. When done, select Save, at the bottom. Back out to the main account page and go to Firmware Update and see if the Firmware shows. you can also go to the device, select Settings and Device info. The device firmware should show up there.

1 Like

I’m now a Beta Tester :slightly_smiling_face:!
I’ve updated my firmware… I clicked on “What’s New”… but the latest information is for my previous FW.
I don’t know what to look for…
Keeping my fingers crossed that this fixes my “offline” problem.
One thing I did notice… I can read my comment here as I’m typing. I don’t have to minimize my keyboard… I’m not typing blind!

My T-stat is at 1.2.4.a2

Did you go to the Account / About / Beta Program and then selected Thermostat after clicking edit in the top right?

Yes… I’m updated to 1.2.4.a2.
That worked fine.

There are just no update notes for that version.

1 Like

Yea, you don’t normally get those except for in the Beta Thread, I will try to find it for you

EDIT

1.2.2 foxed WiFi and BT Connectivity issues. But was halted. I am sure that subsequent versions corrected connectivity issues as well

Here is the latest FW Thread

1 Like

I have a Wyze thermostat and I rarely see this issue (to the point that it isn’t an issue for me at all), but a friend of mine has one installed at his elderly mother’s house and he has the issue all the time. He doesn’t have the issue with the 6x Wyze Cams at the same location.

When he is local to the Wyze equipment and connected to the same Wi-Fi that the devices are, there is no issue.

This all points to a glitch/conflict in the app with router firewalls and/or port-forwarding. Directing people to beta doesn’t seem like a solid solution. Beta is for testing, NOT for commercial release to those having issues. If Wyze has fixed the issue with the Beta, then release it and be done with this issue that does seem to plague certain owners.

FYI - So far, so good since I updated the FW to 1.2.4.a2… but I haven’t been testing it for very long yet
When it was going offline, it seemed totally random.
I also have a Wyze Cam that I’ve had for years and it’s farther away from the router than the thermostat but I’ve never seen it offline.

2 Likes

That’s good news. Hopefully it will maintain connectivity.

I have not experienced the connection issues since updating the FW either.

2 Likes

I really hope they push this to the non-beta channel soon. Having to unplug and plug my thermostat every couple of days is getting annoying.

2 Likes

I’m still on the last public FW 1.2.1 and haven’t (knock on wood) ever had it drop offline since installing it a year ago. Makes me wonder if it’s a FW compatibility issue with specific network settings variables.

Well… that didn’t last long. :slightly_frowning_face:
Offline again.
My Wyze Cam never goes offline and it’s further away and with more obstructions.
The only way I know to get it back is to flip the breaker for the HVAC Unit.
There has got to be a better way.

1 Like

Pulling the unit from the wall, waiting a bit, and plugging it back in should also reboot it.

1 Like

I appreciate it…
Hoping they come up with a better solution… soon!

1 Like

I agree. There seems to be a theme with some users loosing network connectivity so often. Wondering if it may be a FW incompatibility with certain router security settings?

1 Like

Oh boy… Offline twice within 4 hours today. :slightly_frowning_face:
If there is a preferred setting for my router… I’d try that…

That’s just it. I have no idea. It was just throwing something at the wall to see if any ideas emerged.

Only reason I mentioned it is because I have non-Wyze IoT that will drop and die if I change the security settings. Others here have also reported issues with cams on specific security protocols.

Might be worth a shot to experiment. My issues w\ non-wyze devices was when I increased the router to WPA3. I know the cams don’t like WAP, but it may be worth a test to see if it reacts differently at WPA2.

1 Like

I use WPA2 without issues.

Thanks
Just checked mine… already set on WPA2.
Hmmm

You are using a Mesh Network, correct? Which router do you have?

Is it possible to change the Channels being used for 5 and 2.4G?

Also, if it is Mesh, turn off Beamforming and Fast Roamng to see if that helps.