Thermostat needs a true temp hold, one deg in both directions

The thermostat should be able to HOLD in auto mode, with almost no gap at all, so for instance, living in apartments or townhomes, the temperature changes constantly. Hot to cold. Cold to hot. This is a problem with a pet at home like my dog. So, the current firmware has auto so it’ll turn on cold air at 80 degrees and hot air at 69 degrees, for example. We should be able to close this gap as much as we want, down to within one degree. I should be able to set my thermostat to 70 degrees, and if it goes one or two degrees in either direction , it will then turn on hear or cool air to bring it back to that one set temperature. This really needs to be done. Be able to set one temperature number, and then not worry about it the rest of the day. Instead of having to check in around noon when it starts getting hotter, turning the hot air to cold, then cold back to hot, and constantly checking in to see if it needs adjusted. Huuuuge pain! Should just be able to set it on 70, and tell it to turn on the hot or cold if the temp goes one or 1.5 degrees in either direction. This is my most wished for addition.

MODERATOR NOTE:

Your submission has been merged (see below). Please hop on over there and VOTE for it. For your vote to count, you must click the VOTE button at the top of the page.

=================

A post was merged into an existing topic: Thermostat Temperature Setting Range Method