Thermostat latest firmware (1.2) issue

Exact Device Offline problem. Started with the 2/21/2022 update. Prior to that it worked perfect. Device has currently been offline for about a week now. Funny thing is the (3) Wyze V3 cameras are online and working perfect. My thermostat was purchased on January 2021. Wonder if there is a difference between last years thermostat and a current one?

Crob,

I am in the same boat. Wyze doesn’t seem to care or even reply to emails that were sent. I wonder if other companies treat their customers this way? This reminds me of when Apple made updates to their IOS that slowed down there phones. Ended up with egg on their face and a hefty law suit. Any other attorneys out there that are not in the state of California looking to start a class action?

Just done an online chat with Wyze. Apparently I am the only one having this issue! They said no one else has reported any issues from the last update. (I guess they don’t read the forum).
There suggestion was to do a factory reset. That doesn’t help me any as the thermostat is 130 miles away from me.

What a bunch of BS. Multiple people here including myself have been in contact with tech support both online and on the phone.

I knew I should have gone with another company.

Shane

Don’t worry, A factory reset won’t help you anyway.

Do you work for Wyze? That is what I have come to expect from this online chat… LOL what a joke this company is.

Well, I have a Heat Pump and I’ve had the stat since the beginning and love it. But … here is a fun thing…

Go into the Settings of your thermostat…Scroll down for Feature Tips.

Click “Work with Thermostat Modes” → scroll right 1 screen to “Sleep”.

This is a quote from this screen:

“Only let sensor in your bedroom to participate SLEEP so the trip to restroom at night won’t mess your temperature”

Good times.

1 Like

They are replacing both of mine under warranty outside of the 1 year warranty period.

I don’t have the Home Depot Receipt per their policy. I guess I am screwed. Thanks Wyze for giving up on me and not solving the issue you created with your down-dates.

The new firmware specifically mentions disconnect issues. Hopefully it fixes it for everyone having the issue.

Oddly enough a couple of days prior to seeing the firmware update available, mine was staying connected. So far it has only lost connection once since I updated, but actually reconnected on its own.

yes. So far so good for me.

Bad news, this update did not fix my old thermostats, and caused the same issue with my replacement thermostats that were on 1.8 and working perfectly fine. I did not want to install the update on my replacement thermostats, but they forced this update. You couldn’t use the thermostat at all without updating to 1.2.1. Never again will I buy another Wyze product. Wyze needs to refund everyone who has purchased a Wyze thermostat that doesn’t stay connected.

Why would I need refunded on something that works?

1 Like

The one unit (of two) that we were having problems with stopped having connection issues around April 1 so I was not happy when the recent update was forced on the units. However, I haven’t had any issues so far. Both units are working well in separate locations.

1 Like

I edited my post to say ones that they broke with firmware updates. I thought that was implied.Yeah, if you have one of the lucky ones that doesn’t seem affected, great. After spending many hundreds of dollars on Wyze sense which they know have a hardware flaw if you don’t replace the batteries fast enough or soon enough, and now the thermostats failing, I definitely can’t recommend wyze anymore, and certainly won’t give them any more of my money.

Hey Earl, did they change the tip screen with this last update and remove the tip wording? They haven’t delivered my Room Sensor yet so I’m not sure if I need one installed to see that, but it’s not in mine:

Also, like you I have been very happy with the functioning of my T-stat controlling my Gas\Heat Pump Package unit since install. I had an issue on install, but that was because my GPS was off. Since then, it has performed flawlessly even after this last forced update.

Unfortunately the 1.2.1 update didn’t help mine. I cycled the power and it came on like it always does. Within 2 hours it was back offline again. All the cameras still work perfect but again Thermostat offline again. I just wish someone could explain to me why the Thermostat keeps going offline but the cameras work perfect.

I can’t really give you any good advice on how to troubleshoot or fix your offline issue. My only suggestion would be to get this on the FIx-It Friday Topic thread where it will get some Wyze visibility. I would also encourage anyone else having the issue to also post detailed problem descriptions and vote (like) for issues they would like to see fixed.