Thermostat insights …

I’ve been running my t-stat for over a month now , and I have insights on as well but i haven’t received any insight notifications

Just wondering when I should receive any insights and if they are any helpful ?

1 Like

So, I believe there are 2 parts to insights. 1 is to give you a notification about things you could change to save money. The other is found in the usage section. At the bottom, you can see it say “Insights”:

Now, when I select View Details I get graphs like this:

Though I am not sure why I can’t see the Outdoor Temperature line. Might be something to bring up in #fix-it-friday

The strange thing is that not everyone sees those insights even after using the Tstat for a long time. For example, @spamoni says he has never seen it either. I don’t know why I have it and he doesn’t. I don’t know how to activate it. All I can really find about insights is the following statement:

So it sounds like it might only turn on after it finds some kind of “actionable” suggestion to save energy money.

Possible considerations:

• If you always use a schedule and rarely to never manually change the temperature, maybe it doesn’t have any suggestions because your schedule never changes, so it never turns on insights.
  • If you select Maximum Comfort instead of balanced or energy savings, maybe it thinks you don’t want to save money/energy so it doesn’t bother having any insights since you want maximum comfort.

If it’s not showing up for you, you could ask support and see if they’ll give us more information about the insights, because right now there is not much known about it and no documentation for more details.

I will ask the @Mavens if any of them know more about the insights because I too would LOVE to have more info and a better understanding of how to get it to show up or if any of them have the outdoor line on their graphs.

(I also just asked Jimmy similar questions in the Wyze Discord server home-and-comfort channel…so might get some info there as well)

6 Likes

Hi carver

I have a schedule that my t-stats follows diligently and I have my behaviors set to max savings . My insights are on but I don’t see the view details below nor do I see the graph . That would be very helpful to give us some insight into the t-stats behavior and work it does. I’m on IOS, have never seen that…

Very interesting , thank you the answer and help as always

2 Likes

I don’t see this either and I’d love to have it as well!

3 Likes

We are currently looking into why it is only showing for some users.

7 Likes

Thanks Jason! This is awesome to hear and very appreciated. We’ll look forward to any more information you can share at any point in the future as you learn more. I know lots of people would love to see those stats I posted as examples above. It is nice to have.

4 Likes

I never knew that there was supposed to be a button at the bottom of the usage page for insights (I have no button there, just white space).

3 Likes

I am soooooo jealous!

I also do not get insights. Will the insights tell you exactly what changes the Behaviors setting is making?

1 Like

The screenshots above are the only things I’ve ever seen related to insights with one exception:

Once, a long time ago, I got a notification that they had new insights for me. I clicked on that notification and don’t remember anything more. I assume it just took me to those screenshots. I didn’t spend much time with it back then and totally forgot all about it until spamoni4 told me a screenshot I posted had something he didn’t. :man_shrugging: Other than that notification I got one long ago, the screenshots show you basically everything I can see and know about this. I’m glad Jason is looking into it. We should get more information eventually. It would be nice to know how to get it to activate. I honestly have no idea how I got it to turn on.

3 Likes

Hey carver , how you doing

Been some time now , and still no word from Wyze on this matter

Should we bring this up on the next Fix it Friday ?

I have a bookmark to remind me to add it to the list when the event starts. I know they are looking into this issue already, but the benefit with being on Fix-it-first-Friday is that we then get a weekly report about it and it becomes a priority.

Although, this ability works for me already…so maybe I don’t want it to win after all! Ha ha, just kidding, I always list and advocate important stuff even if it doesn’t affect me. :+1: And Jason told me it is helpful to add things to Fix It Friday even if they already know about them and are working on them, so we’ll do it.

3 Likes

Awesome

Yes please do . As you read , others don’t get the insights either.

I seem to miss the fix it friday call outs , so if you could bring this up and get others to vote for it so that wyze can pick it up and work on it that’d be great . Thanks carver , you the man!

2 Likes

For anyone following this thread and wanting fixes to the Thermostat insights, I have reported these issues in Fix-it-Friday bug reporting event in the following post:

If this is affecting you, you may go vote for the issue (Like it) there so Wyze knows you’d like it addressed.

5 Likes

WOW! I don’t see the details button in the insights panel either! I wonder if the view is cut of on smaller screened smart phones? I have an iPhone SE.

2 Likes

I have an iPhone 11 and I don’t see it on my graph , I doubt phone has anything to do with it

As @spamoni has a google pixel and iPhone and he’s reported that the insights graph doesn’t show up on neither phone

But @carverofchoice has an android (not sure which one ) but he’s reported he is able to see the insights graph

Logs have been submitted and wyze is looking into the matter

I have a Google Pixel 5 and an iPhone 6s, and I have it on both of those. spamoni4 also has a Pixel 5 and it doesn’t show for him, so it’s definitely not phone specific.

2 Likes

Oh wow…I have had two tstats in my home for about 8 months now, and have never seen these additional insights, under usage. Had non idea this was something you could even see. That entire area under the bar graph is just blank. Very interesting…

iPhone 12 Pro & XS Max / iPad Air 2 / iOS app for M1 iMac

Both tstats are on a schedule, so this may be why ?

3 Likes

No, I have mine on a schedule too, and I see the insights, so it’s not that. I think it is a bug they are looking into to figure out why some have it and some don’t. I think they’re working on it, but we should keep bringing it up in the Fix-it-Friday Event so we can get a status report on it.

2 Likes

What do the different colors (orange and blue) mean in the data points of your graph?

Orange is heat. Blue is cool (AC)

1 Like