Thermostat Heat pump auxiliary heat options

Please add the ability to control the set low temp point threshold for the heat pump and kick over to the next stage of heat. Outdoor temp could be based on local weather data from the internet instead of the need of a outdoor temp sensor.

Please add in the graph section a different color per stage of heat. It would be nice to see heat pump use vs electric/gas/propane/oil use.

[Mod Edit] Title Edited For Search Clarity

Agree this is a deficiency in wyze thermostat. My cheap old Honeywell thermostat does this.

2 Likes

I agree. I can’t find a way to kick it down to Gas when I want/need to. Also it should be kicking to gas if the temp change is more than 2 degrees. That is what I prefer so that the house will heat up more quickly. I have a Goodman Dual Fuel System Heat Pump and Gas. I can’t help but feel the setup isn’t quite right yet. I have an outdoor thermostat on the unit that should tell the unit to change to gas at 40 degrees. It doesn’t seem to do that.

Need an aux/em heat mode only. My old honeywell allowed me to set it like this. Most of time it’s not needed because wyze seems to handle stage 2 heat pretty well so far. But it’s good for testing the system when you want stage 2 heat only.

2 Likes

I agree and I don’t think you question should have merged with mine since you want the ability to run emergency mode manually.

I have heard that if you connect to the “*” wire, you can choose emergency heat, but this seems unnecessary and should be able to be controlled by the white wire. I am going to see if I can update my post to fit your request as well.

Edit: I cannot update my original post because it is locked.

Yes I thought it was odd too. Although somewhat related we’re asking for 2 very different things.

And fwiw the thermostat seems to have it’s own logic like my honeywell as to when to activate stage 2 heat. If it’s more than 5 degrees it kicks in right away. Also it seems to kick in when it anticipates taking x amount of time or more to reach desired temp. This is also what the honeywell did so maybe it’s using the logic already built in to the system. Who knows…I’m not an HVAC pro.

1 Like

I want to be able to disable stage 2 heat that comes on when time to heat times out.
Also there should be a graph that shows how much stage 2 heat has been on. It’s very expensive

1 Like