Thermostat - Display current outdoor temp/humidity/weather info

Thanks, I haven’t tried since I installed it. I know last I heard is it would be sometime in Jan when it would be able to be linked to Google home. This is disappointing that the functionality is so basic. I was really just wanting it for voice control but wanted a little more control than that and hate to make changes if it keeps if from being controlled in both apps. I’ll have to mess around and see. Now I just hope we can get a software update for the thermostat that will put basic outdoor weather/temp on the display. One can hope, at least it’s getting more traction now. Hope to see the vote count to continue to rise.

2 Likes

I would like to have an automated feature which could gauge the outside temperature through API feed-in from the national weather service. This would allow me to gauge my thermostat by 15/20 degrees lower than the outside temperature.

Something else my ‘dumb’ thermostat does is tell me the indoor humidity along with the outdoor. Along with connecting to an outdoor device to get outdoor temp/humidity. So while I’m wishing, I may as well wish a wyze thermostat could give me indoor humidity. :thermometer::muscle:t3:

Those would all be nice as well.

Add Local Temperature to Thermostat display.

This would be nice to have… it does a couple of things…

First… my old thermostat would show the outdoor temperature, so I wouldn’t be loosing that feature.

Second… it confirms to me, the user, that the system knows what the outdoor temperature is. I have had concerns when my system tries to run the Heat pump when it’s 5° outside.

And one more thing… My Smart Life App does this.

Thanks

1 Like

The feature I just posted is a little different than the original post…
It would be great to display the weather information on the unit, but for starters, I’d be happy just to see it in the App. That should be a fairly easy update.

We need your vote people!

If this would be useful to you, please go to the top of this Thread and click the VOTE button in the upper left.

Thanks

@spamoni

Please add outside temperature to the thermostat display based on zip code. Also add to the app.

2 Likes