Thermostat compatibility with X2 wire

So the online compatibility checker shows an X2 wire (which I have), and when I enter all my wiring, it says compatible. I received my stat this week, and just went into the setup, and there’s no X2 showing as a selection. If I select other terminals (since I have X2 but the setup in the app doesn’t) it says it’s not compatible. Not sure why their selections are different between the online compat checker and the install app, but did I just buy a $50 paper weight?

Thanks!
Craig

You should just ignore/tape up the X2 wire. Your wyze probably does not need it. What are all the wires? It is easier to diagnose what goes where with pictures of both the air handler and thermostat connections, but in most cases, with those older Trane systems, the X2 wire from the condenser is already tied to your heat strips in the air handler.

Thanks speadie. So I just looked and the wire attached to X2 on the stat (brown) isn’t actually connected to anything on the control board, so no issue there. Attached are pics of the current stat and control board. From what I understand the blue on a Trane is actually the C wire? If so I’m guessing this will actually be straightforward, red to RC, yellow to Y1, orange to o/b, green to g, white to W1 (1 according to the app)?

Thanks!
Craig

That should be correct.