Thermostat base plate w/o wire receptacle for Y, or G wires

The wire base plate only has for Rh, W1, W2, * , C are the only options and it’s the same on the top and bottom brackets… so where does the Yellow or Green wire go into? Is this backplate manufactured incorrectly

Help. Unit won’t power up.

@Easywffw
That is definitely an issue, comparing it to the instructional video and the one I have your bottom ones are labeled correctly. The top ones should go in this order from left to right in your photo. Rc, Y1, Y2, O/B, G. I have also reported this to Wyze.

1 Like

That definitely looks like an oops… See the image below. You can still use it as is by mirroring the picture below, but I would still request a replacement.

I tried to use those terminals as place holders but putting the yellow in the 2nd slot and the green in the far right slot, but no luck. Thanks for the picture of what it should look like though

Welcome to the Wyze community @Easywffw!
Looking at the thermostat, it looks like two of the same terminal blocks. This is most likely a defective unit, You may want to contact Wyze Customer Support about this issue!
By phone: (206) 339-9646 Available Monday - Friday 5 am - 6 pm PT and Saturday 8 am - 4 pm PT

Thank you. Customer Support has agreed to send me a new base plate. Let’s hope that will work.

1 Like