The wonderfully weatherproof Wyze Outdoor Power Adapter! 10/14/21

I was placing an order and see that the check box to save the credit card for future purchases will not let you un check it. That is a deal breaker for me. I dont save CC info on sellers sites

Sounds like a bug. Why have a checkbox if it can’t be unchecked?

You may want to try a different web browser and see if you get the same result, especially if you are using any extensions that block or modify content of web pages.

Correction noted. My dash cams are miniUSB and my Wyze cams are microUSB

Wow, maybe you should post a link to those cables. Hard to get anything without a large voltage drop over 25 feet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just tried two other browsers and still cannot un check the box

I had an issue in Chrome with it not wanting to proceed past the shipping address page, so I switched to Firefox. There, I was able to proceed to the payment page with no issue, but had the same issue you reported; the save card checkbox would not uncheck when clicked on. In trying to disable it, however, I saw a message pop up below the box at one point that stated it was required for anything that includes a subscription. (I had selected a v3 which had one month of Cam Plus).

I tried again with something I knew shouldn’t have a trial (the outside power adapter for the v3). There, the “Save for my next payment” option was unchecked from the start, and could be freely checked and unchecked.

@Newshound

MOYEEL 42.5Ft(13M) Power Extension Cable for Wyze Cam/Wyze Cam Pan, Blink XT Cam, Yi Camera, NestCam Indoor and Quick Charge Power for Home Security C https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X7LC4XB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_S62bBSF9YQydh

1 Like

How many people know what -22 feels like? I’ve seen it down to -40 here in Minnesota. :cold_face:

2 Likes

[quote=“justinrootes, post:29, topic:199141”]
How many people know what -22 feels li
I know at 25 below zero my house is poppin and creakin :cold_face:

1 Like

Thank you for the info. I did not see a pop up

Heck, my bones do that at 98.6 degrees

Mememe! It sucks lol

flag-for-minnesota-usmn_1f3f4-e0075-e0073-e006d-e006e-e007f

Gotta love that one person that gave it a one star review saying “Doesn’t transfer data”. Apparently the concept of “extension power cable” escapes them.

2 Likes

I would be happy if mine would stay connected to the internet long enough to work properly. Hasn’t stayed connected for more than 24hrs.

We used to hit -40 (F or C - same) every winter at some point. Now usually about -20F

I have never seen -40 , I don’t even like going outside when it gets below 20F :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Can you extend this power adapter by replacing the USB cable? I like the power adapter but the cable is a bit short for me.

The total length of the cable is 3.8 m (12.5 feet), with the AC cord and DC cables together.
You could put a connector ( adapter) on the USB cable and add some to it , but you would have to figure out a way to make sure that that connection is waterproof , silicone , tape it up good etc.
You can’t replace the USB cable because it is permanently attached to the power box

2 Likes

Might be better off extending the other end by adding an extension cord between the wall outlet and the Wyze adapter.

It would be nice if this came in black. Outdoors, I want it to blend in, not stand out! Also, $8.00 for shipping is about twice what the cost should be. I think Wyze is padding shipping costs.