The slider is back!

Or an unexpected blessing. Maybe you are being voluntold to beta the feature since they had ‘difficulties’ with it in the past. Enjoy it while it lasts.

The slider has been working for a few days on all my v3 cameras. So happy it’s back!

1 Like

I just hope this is not some sort of temporary mistake by Wyze and the return of the slider is permanent.

I’m glad to see that someone else has got it back on all their cameras - I was beginning to think that I was the only one!

1 Like

I actually got that on one of my cams that never did it before. Go figure.

I will continue to monitor… Perhaps the tide is slowly turning as the servers propagate an upgrade???

2 Likes

Maybe the Wyze AI is taking over and doing the sensible thing as it realises that the presence of the slider is important :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

It’s still there!

5 Likes

So for me this is what I’ve experienced since I upgraded the app a few days ago.

A) 100% of the time when the video is still “live” (so far), when I click a person notification for either of my v3s, I am taken to the Live View screen (ie no slider)

B) 100% (so far) if I then go to the events screen and the video shows it’s still “live” and click on it, I am taken to the screen with the slider. Yea!

This is definitely an improvement, though I just don’t get why this is so hard to fix. This functionality worked 100% of the time for like a year before Wyze broke it/removed it.

2 Likes

I just hope that Wyze do not remove it again.

2 Likes

This is exactly how my three v3 cameras work. I hope it stays this way. Why would they remove it again??

It’s still not working like it should, which is:

if I get a person notification and click on it, I should be taken to the screen with a slider if its still “live”.

This is how it worked for over a year before the feature got removed /broken.

I SHOULD NOT be taken to the Live View screen, which is what it’s doing for me now (and prior to the recent updates).

So it’s not completely fixed yet, but at least I now have an option to see the video before it’s finished recording and uploaded.

2 Likes

Someone at Wyze may have accidentally restored it

I have turned off all the AI and have just been relying on ordinary motion events - it seems like the AI part isn’t fully fixed as far as the slider goes.

I will have to test this on mine to see if I have the same experience on the cams that are sending me to the TUTK Live View. I have previously only been using the notification to launch, not going back to the Events tab to launch an event in live progress.

As mentioned before, I have experienced this periodically before, all the way back to right after the change was made. This isn’t a bug for them to fix. This was a decision made because the AWS KVS Live View (slider) was reportedly unreliable:

However, these reports are more widespread than previously experienced. I am also hoping it is permanent.

1 Like

I have never used the notification to launch the video - I always go to the events screen.

2 Likes

I tested this yesterday and confirmed it. Clicking the notification opened the event in TUTK Live View. Opening the app Events Tab and clicking the event still in progress took me to the AWS KVS Slider view.

That is a lot of clicking to get it.

Same here. I’m home most of the time, so I have rarely needed that option. I will probably set it when I’m on a trip though.

1 Like

You are welcome to use any app however you want. But the entire reason for notifications in EVERY app is to take you to the application to see the event you are being notified of.

Example: I get notified of an email coming in. I click the notification and it takes me to the email.

Now if you prefer to just go to your home screen, find the email icon, open your email app, scroll to find the email and then open the email - it’s entirely your choice to do it the long way.

I prefer to use the app the way it was intended.

And I prefer to use it the way that suits me

That is kind of you - but I do not need your permission … And the way I use it gives me the use of the slider.

I was making the point that your comments about you just turn off AI events and you don’t use notifications to watch events are really not helpful.

The majority of people on here live in areas where cars drive by their houses, so not enabling AI event detection would be silly. I have like 75 motion events a day between 2 cams.

And yes, you can choose to use the app however you want to, but posting what you did about not using notifications to watch events is not a useful suggestion.

This isn’t Facebook, where you post what all you did today. This is a support forum for users to provide useful findings and suggestions.

Your original post about the sliders are back was useful. Your replies to my post were not.

1 Like

Why the aggressive tone?

I use the app in a way that suits my needs.

End of disagreement - as you said, this is a support forum.