The Future of Wyze is Coming

important
funding

Native SmartThings integration would be awesome, there is very little compatible cameras.

Make sure to hop over to and vote for the topic below. Make sure you click the VOTE button at the top:

So glad Wyze is not stopping at cameras and is looking to provide more solutions. Would Wyze be open to ideas centered around modernizing baby transportation safety?

Open to the idea but making no promises. What did you have in mind? :slight_smile:

Using advances in our technology to help limit the number of infants being left in car seats (average of 37 children die each year being left in vehicles).

7/20/2018 Source: https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/03/health/hot-car-deaths-child-charts-graphs-trnd/index.html

That’s horrible and so sad… :frowning:

If you would like, you can request a product type in the Roadmap category of the forum. This may be outside of our scope especially with the emergency nature of this but we’d consider it. :slight_smile:

You should add that to roadmap.

I think this is possible today via the API any smart doorbell should be able to trigger the Wyze cam to begin recording. A wyze cam pointed out the front window should be set to motion & sound detect and that should do it today.

Are you just wanting the form factor of a compact doorbell button w/ the camera?

I agree the standard smart doorbell cam is $200+.There are market opportunities there for sure.

Perhaps less effort can be spent on the future and more time spent on the growing list of problems the current v2 cam has. If I had known the current issues would be an issue for so long, I would of never bought cams. If you want to refund all money’s spent, I’d be happy to give your cams back.

Because homes are already required to have certified and working smoke and CO2 detection alarms when home sales are made, it is not feasible nor cost effective to add these detectors in Wyze Cams. Besides, the placement of smoke and CO2 monitors do not necessarily coincide with the optimum placement of security cameras. My recommendation is to keep them separate and let them be effective in the tasks they are designed to accomplish.

Where did you purchase your Wyze Cams? How many?

Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. If you can give more information on when you encountered the issues and if you have an open ticket, we can help follow-up with the team.

@WyzeGwendolyn @WyzeBrandon

Not sure where you are referencing, but I just bought a home in NW Ohio- with a VA loan (so tighter rules than most loans) and it did not require the home to be equipped with certified and working smoke and CO2 detecters. We did have a smoke detector, but there was no battery to it… CO2 was put in by us.

Ya we went down that road all ready. Only reason I made the comment is because a month later, someone new finally realized the issue was there. And just like me, they get nothing.

David Bush

It depends on the state.

2 v2 in and 2 sd cards on your website. You should be able to access my account and find this info out if you really wanted to know.

David Bush

Volunteer moderators DEFINITELY don’t have that access. I may be able to find it, though. :slight_smile:

What are the issues you have with your two V2 ?

The Wyze camera is a fine little piece of hardware; I’m up to seven now, and adding more.
The biggest FLAW with Wyze is the proprietary software infrastructure. The video data is stored on the Micro SD card inside each camera (cards which I need to purchase separately). I cannot see ANYTHING WYZE from a web browser. The only way to save a video clip is to find my phone, log into the Wyze app, go to the camera history, find the time period I need by pinching my fingers on the timeline (tedious), then “RECORD” the clip to a separate MP4 file in actual time (cannot increase copying speed). I can then send the MP4 file to my computer for storage, etc. What a convoluted process!
SO: Wyze folks, please work on a more universal “system” to make your cameras more useful.