Testing the new Person Detection

I know that we should disable CMC while testing the new Person Detection. Is there a way to do this without completely cancelling the service? I am signed as a test through the public link and a bit confused. Thank you.

1 Like

@mavens I don’t use cmc and couldn’t help her in FB

1 Like

Thanks I was going to ask in chat but can’t figure out which chat window to choose. Appreciate the help though :slight_smile:

There really isn’t a chat. You post your issue and either members come and help you find a solution. If that doesn’t work it goes to the mavens then mods. You did it correctly.

No I meant the chat from the support tab, not in the forums :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well I got an answer in the core community group to just change cams but that isn’t working. I removed all cams without cancelling the subscription and CMC is still showing on the cloud. No one in chat from the support group to help me with this

I believe it can take time to be removed from the cloud.
Try signing out and closing the app. Also if your cams are grouped, try in grouping them and regrouping them. See if that helps remove the CMC

1 Like

I don’t normally use CMC but to take a look at this, I added two cams. It looks to me like you can just remove a cam from the list without affecting your subscriptions.
Go to Wyze Services/CMC:Change camera and simply delete the cam. I did this and was able to delete and re-add without problem.

That being said I stand open to correction of it does not actually disable the function during use.
****+
Edit: I turned it off, tested and was able to turn CMC on and off without problem. Looks like if you pay for two subscriptions they don’t care which cams they apply to.

1 Like

Ok so even if I removed all cams so I can test the new PD it doesn’t end my subscription? I just want CMC back after I test and didn’t want to subscribe all over again. Thanks.

2 Likes

I have been testing the new person detection and so far it has been detecting my dog as a person a lot.

1 Like

Dogs are practically people in my house :grin:, but yes the old Person Detection had similar issues with cats for a while until it was trained.

Can you still report in the new Person Detection a false positive to Wyze?

1 Like

I have been able to.

1 Like

I haven’t been able to sign up for person detection. Any update on when more people will be allowed in?

1 Like

Wyze will slowly roll this feature out to everyone so if you didn’t get an email yet you can sign up on the waitlist and you should get an email when they are ready to let you test person detection.

1 Like

Should we also send positive videos? I mean if it correctly identifies a person does wyze want these videos too? or just the ones that it detects as person but isn’t?

1 Like

Yes Wyze wants both positive and negative person detection videos. It has been stated that machine learning benefits form both negative and positive videos.

4 Likes