Temperature / humidity chip in Sense sensors

I use a Switchbot hub ($39) and sensors ($19):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TTH5TMW
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07L4QNZVF

For some reason that second link keeps showing the snapshot for their original hub (which is accessible from the same listing) rather than the sensor.

Very excited Wyze is make a Thermostate and DoorCam and Earbuds. Still at the top of my Wishlist is a Tempetature sensor, humidity would be a bonus. If you are like me living in California you pull up your weather app to see what the temp in your area is but the Actual Temperature. In my case this temperature is normally 5 to 10 degrees higher.
I have read on the community board many suggestion. Sensor in Cam, Stand Alone is my preference since I have many cams already as a loyal customer.

1 Like

Yes PLEASE! I have been discovering your products and have several of your cameras already and LOVE them! The only thing keeping me from purchasing plugs and sensors and ditching my old WINK system altogether is you donā€™t have a temperature sensor yet. I use plugs on an air conditioner and heater in my reptile room to keep a set temperature in that room. I use a temp sensor to control these actions. Please develop a temp sensor and then I can say goodbye to WINK.

1 Like

I would love to see a temperature sensor that works with Sense and where I could use in a routine.

I definitely have a need/use for a sensor that returns the temperature/humidity. I have several areas with space heaters to keep the room at a certain temp and have these heaters plugged into a Wyze plug.

2 Likes

I would love if Wyze would come out with a Temperature/Humidity sensor to track many rooms and outdoor data.

1 Like

I think that a temperature/humidity reader would be really helpful. I have two guinea pigs who are currently living in a part of our home where the temperature and humidity are always changing and I need to monitor it closely to ensure that they are healthy. Something that would be great for the programming is to have an option to set a specific temperature and or humidity that if passed, will send you an alert.

2 Likes

This seems like another no-brainer for the Wyze ecosystem and super easy to produce at a very low cost. It fits perfectly in the Wyze Sense line IMO. I would easily buy 5+ of these.

3 Likes

Iā€™m only wating for the temperature sensor to come out before getting the thermostat I what a complete system

1 Like

I think it would be great to add a temperature sensor that could the be used to control an outlet. Be great for some types of air condition system.

I currently a window mounted swamp cooler and love an sensor to automatic itā€™s operation.

A wifi thermometer would be a natural addition to the Wyze phone app environment. Since a thermometer/hygrometer would only need to transmit information battery life would be good. Even better since it could get away with transmitting data every 5 minutes or so since temperature does not change that quickly. Iā€™ve used a bluetooth system from Oregon Scientific and range is a problem as well as cold weather performance. I can almost see the multi-unit graphing app on my iPhone now!

1 Like

Hello all, I would like to request a new product, a thermometer sensor (even a barometer for weather forecast) that can be viewed on the app and even have a display available to show multiple ones. This product could work great with the upcoming outdoor switch, for heated pet water bowls. I would also like to be able to monitor other areas and get notifications if a threshold is exceeded.

Thank you

Having multiple Wyze thermostatā€™s I want to be able to leave my home and from my phone set ALL thermostats into Vacation mode. Is this possible? Vacation mode means that its a fixed temp 24hours/day and it allows a bigger flux in temperature. Meaning it does not have to keep it at 55 Ā± 1 degree, but 2 -3 degrees is fine.

2 Likes

I wish for sensors which canā€™t detect, monitor and send alerts regarding temp and humidity and could trigger wyze plugs to turn on ac and or fans

2 Likes

temperature / humidity > sense sensor > trigger outdoor plug > turn on/off > plug 1 or plug 2 or both

2 Likes

they are still on ali express 2021 with plugs that can be triggered but they are not north american standard outlets. but they have the sensor as a plug in. IM OKAY WITH IT BEING PLUG IN.
but if im plugging in then i want full time real time data logging and ideally its built into the outdoor plug type device. so you could have teirs

1. heavy duty service , full-time real-time logging. larger plug in, device trigger.
  2. periodic pings of temp/humidity (log, alert, alarm) remote location - battery (chargeable li-on )sense2.0
1 Like

Or in their Cameras

1 Like

That works too. When can I buy it tho?

Plus Iā€™m in Canada eh? We need more suppliers and service providers in Canada for direct shipping others! We love wyze. Especially the cannabis community. This is an affordable option for our security regulations for micro cultivators

1 Like

Has there been any thought of expanding product lines to include outdoor environmental monitoring/sensing? I would be very interested in a wireless garden/orchard temperature and ground moisture monitoring system. Historical data logging along with hi/low alarm setting would be very helpful. The ground moisture sensors would be helpful to monitor the moisture content with respect with assisting with irrigating plants/trees.

2 Likes

Data logging is key. Not just ā€œcurrentā€ I need ā€œtracked data over timeā€

1 Like