Telephoto lens swap

Yesterday, hah, I broke it completely by trying to install several of the most recent RTSP firmware versions. As others noted elsewhere in the forum, holding down the reset button is a waste of effort and the status light never turns blue, and all you get is the READY TO CONNECT audio. I’m done messing with it. When I move next spring I’ll install a real security system with NVR etc. at my new home and hire an electrician to wire everything.

1 Like

I gave up on wyze a couple weeks ago :pensive: and moved on to Eufy 2k indoor cams and pan cam.

I really wanted to replace all my cams with the v3 cam but I got tired of waiting.
I’m not sure if I made the right choice yet but so far , I’m kinda happy about it.

eufy is also a great choice.

Continuing the discussion from Telephoto lens swap:

I am looking to do this to a cam pan or a cam pan v3. Did you find anything ? I am not sure v3 could go into privacy mode as the 25 mm lens looks like it will stick out a bit, vut the original cam pan looks more difficult to disassemble to replace the lens.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I am not sure the lens on a Pan v3 can be swapped. It looks like it is attached to a circuit board. Check out this video and see what you think.

It works but you are correct that the extra length of the lens does limit some movement. For me, privacy mode isn’t needed. That said, I haven’t seen much improvement in capture clarity in the v3 over the v2. My guess is the video compression is the culprit.