Tapped in w/out permission

Would I know if somebody has tapped into my cameras and was viewing them without my permission why am I protected from that with the Wyze cameras?
I usually walk around naked and I would hate for someone to have access to my cameras and use my video to Post online and become Mega rich with my photos. :grin::joy:

4 Likes

Dude on my private lane my nickname is Captain underpants. Absolutely not kidding. I figure whatā€™s the difference between under pants and shorts. Not much really. Or underpants and swim trunks.

I live in Iowa and we have a annual bike ride across the state cold Ragbrai and my neighbors were going to have some of the riders camp in their yard but when they got there they realize there was no shade. So the riders came to my house and asked if they could camp along my fenceline and have some shade so they would be cooler for the bike riders. And I said absolutely I donā€™t care. He said we have one question for you do you mind if we pee in the bushes? I laughed and I said no I walk around in my underpants all the time. And he said yeah I know the lady told us that when we are outside we might see you walking around in your underwear. Lol I said well I find it funny that when she drives by she always looks in my direction and waves but her husband never looks my way.:wink:

3 Likes

I like her already!!:grin:

1 Like

One thing you can do for added protection is enable two-factor authentication. That way if someone either got or guessed or whatever your password, they couldnā€™t log in without the code that would be sent to your phone. Nothing is completely hackproof, but two-factor is a big help security wise.

2 Likes

Yeah I have that setup

1 Like

I was just wondering if like the police could tap in using their methods

1 Like

Pretty much anyone with the proper resources, and given enough time, can access a residential network and its connected devices.

The real question you should ask yourself is, ā€œwhy do I think the police are motivated to access my network?ā€ ā€¦

(Itā€™s my guess it wouldnā€™t be to watch you dancing around - itā€™d be for some felony offense).

1 Like

Welll I hope that you donā€™t claim to possess any sear or prophetic skills. also thereā€™s other reasons why a person would not want to be spied up on in his own home besides illegal activities.

MOD NOTE: Post edited to conform to the Community Guidelines.

1 Like

Iā€™m not that knowledgeable about hacking techniques or what it would take to hack into your camera feed. However, I would lean toward it not being as simple as they make it look on TV shows or movies.

1 Like

Thatā€™s probably true. I was just thinking about George Olson book 1983. where he talked about the government surveillance you and your old house and stuff violate your 4th amendment right if you ever read that book a lot of things have come to pass

1 Like

You mean George Orwellā€™s ā€œ1984ā€

4 Likes

Thatā€™s correct itā€™s been like 20 years since I read that book

1 Like

If you donā€™t want to be electronically spied on then the safest solution is to not put these devices in compromising areas of your home, or unplug them when necessary. Too many stories of hacks and even company employees spying on people. And who knows what the police have access to (everything?).

1 Like

So true I pretty much already figured that.

1 Like

Iā€™d be concerned that it voids the warranty.

1 Like

You mean 19 years.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s why I said a range, because to me I would feel kind of anal to be able to know exactly when book came out or movie came out. It seems like thereā€™s much more important things to clog up my mind learning then some stuff.

1 Like

No I know, I was just having fun with the numbers. From 1983 to 1984 is 1 year, so I subtracted 1 from your ā€œ20ā€ to get 19.

(The book 1984 was actually published in 1949.)

1 Like

Yeah. I think itā€™s time for me to be read that book

1 Like

I only read it for the first time a couple of years ago, and I think even I need to re-read it!

2 Likes