Tamper resistant contact sensor

Need a Contact (Door, Window ) Sensor as tamper resistant… Sensor can be hidden inside door jams, door frame, window frame. Can attach wired magnet for more broader usage.
More weather resistant, temperature resistant.

Take a look on etsy.com Look specifically for this vendor, ideaxtruder. He’s very good at his design and printing products. He’s been making shells and mounts for Wyze for years. I’ve bought some. I think he’s always started making stuff for V2 sensors. But don’t look only at his stuff, check out other Wyze stuff. Here’s an example of his door mount for a V1 sensor. Works too. I used one, until I needed a more waterproof solution.

3 Likes

ideaxtruder is my favorite Etsy seller. Keep in mind that the above link is for the V1 contact sensors. I don’t know if Drew has any recessed bracket designs for the V2 sensors, but he is very friendly, so feel free to message him and ask him about it. He’s a good dude.

2 Likes

carverofchoice- Thank you for that information and pictures helps allot.

Hello @hholly9607
The pictures below describe a narrow 5-hole slot that can be made into the side or top surfaces of a door or door frame to receive a contact sensor body. The contact sensor’s associated magnet was stripped of its plastic case to make it smaller. It was fitted into a hole in the opposing side of the frame or door so it could interact with the sensor body.
I chose the top of my door for the installation because it is out of sight and naturally weather resistant. The pictures depict a trial run with a piece of 2x4 serving as the door. In the actual door installation, no side-to-side reaming was needed. The pictures cover potential reaming.

These pictures cover the early types of contact sensors which are a little smaller than the newer ones, I think?
A larger unit would require five or maybe 6 larger diameter holes spaced at full drill diameter intervals for the first and second group of holes. The offset grouping for the first and second set of holes is 1/2 drill diameter. The pictures cover this.

I prefer the slot method of creating a hole for the contact sensor as it removes less material from the door, leaving a smaller footprint. I mounted my sensor in the top of the door and its associated magnet was paced into a single 5/16" Ø hole. This size hole is a snug fit for the magnet. Only a little patching and painting is needed to hide it. I covered mine with a small piece of white duct tape. No one has ever mentioned or questioned it.

The first picture is a simple drilling jig.

Victor.

1 Like