Tag person vehicle toggle won’t stay on

Account > Wyze Service > Person Detection

Also, it’s not a good idea to post your MAC address on the forum.

Eh, I agree one should try not to post unique identifiers on the web but with MAC in this case you guys already know the vendor is wyze, this isn’t a router or pc, I have IPV6 turned off on my network as well as WPS off, and my passwords are loooong and not MAC based. I feel pretty safe in this case.

One of my 2 v2 cams no longer has green boxes around motion areas. What did I do wrong?

The most obvious thing to check is motion tagging. Select the camera, tap on “more”, and be sure motion tagging is highlighted in green. If not tap it on.

2 Likes

Did anyone solve this? I have 4 v2 and 1 pan camera, running 4.9.4.108 and 4.10.3.108. I also have the beta android app on my phone and beta ios app on my ipad. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app. I have tried flashing the firmware again (even though the app confirms the right version). Only 1 of my v2s will actually use person detection all the other cameras as soon as I leave the page to enable them they switch them selves back off. Please help

When changing settings in the app, they are more likely to stick after you change them if you remain on the page for 15 - 30 seconds. Also, make sure you use the app’s back button, and not the phone’s. I have found this to be the case with all of my IoT devices from different companies, including Wyze.

2 Likes

That’s an interesting note. I understand exiting via the app but had not thought about the need to stay on page after changes.
Why do think this is?

I got it to work. My pixel 3 xl couldn’t change it. My iPad pro had no problems. So Android app needs a lil love

1 Like

I think it is dependent on the internet connection I have on my phone at the time I’m making changes. I just got in the habit of allowing extra time when my connection was less than desirable. I think that carried over to when I had a good one. I’ve have less issues that way.

1 Like

Good point. Makes sense and very low cost to try. Thanks!

"Be the person your dog thinks you are "

1 Like