System Service Status Push Notifications from App

in-development

Without outages such as todays (11/19/2018) (https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015979872-Service-Status-Known-Issues), I think it would be helpful to add system service status announcement to the apps push notifications so users are informed of the issue.

I think this should be opt-in but would be nice a lot of users are using these cameras as a security device.

We’re working on this right now. The dev team thanks you for your suggestion! :slight_smile:

@bradmcgonigle We just discussed this today. We have the basic requirements but there’s a lot of things that we need to consider. We need to be able to communicate the right message to the right customers and target properly - by device, platform, firmware, and app versions. We are also thinking about the overall experience, such as sending this only once or twice, or having this as push notifications vs. in-app dialog box. Thanks for the feedback

Totally agreed. There are definitely some complicated scenarios to work out but even just general system status updates would be helpful for the average user. Of course at the same time you don’t want to cause unnecessary worry for those consumers either.

Finding a balance could be hard but I think it’s definitely worth considering.