Syncing Band to Multiple Devices

Can I sync my band to my phone and my tablet at the same time?

Thanks

1 Like

MODERATOR NOTE:

This topic has been moved to the #early-access forum category. Please keep all discussion of Early Access products here until the product(s) have been publicly released.

If an Early Access purchaser needs to join the Early Backers group, please go to the group page at the link below to request access.

https://forums.wyzecam.com/g/EarlyBackers

If you are using the Wyze band it appears that you can only run the app on one device with Bluetooth enabled. I run the App on my Phone and Tablet. I have only paired the band to my phone but it appears to try to connect to the tablet anyway. Since disabling bluetooth on the Tablet the band appears to connect reliably. This is problematic since there are other apps on my Ipad that rely on the bluetooth connection and I prefer viewing my Wyze cams on the larger screen.

I am curious how other people are dealing with this and what Wyze’s intent and response is.

1 Like

I have the same issue and have a ticket open with Wyze but have not gotten a reply yet. Other than disconnecting/turning off bt on one device in order to connect with the other I have not found a solution.

Maybe they will come up with something in the future.

I have the WYZE app on both my smartphone and my tablet. My smartphone will not connect with my WYZE band if Bluetooth is ON on in another device. WYZE instructions say that I must turn off Bluetooth on my other Bluetooth connected device in order to have my smartphone connect to my WYZE Band. To me, this is not an acceptable solution. Is there any hope that WYZE will fix this?

Thanks,
Rocky

1 Like

I have the same concern. I did the same as you, installed on my iPad first then then tried to install on my iPhone and it wouldn’t connect. After I reversed the install sequence it connects to my iPhone but will not connect to my iPad. There should not be any reason for this. I have a Fitbit that uses Bluetooth that connects to both iPad and iPhone and either one I use will sync Fitbit to MyFitnessPal.

1 Like

Hopefully, WYZE will fix this. WYZE seems to be a company that is more responsive than most.

1 Like

MODERATOR NOTE:

This topic has been moved to the #early-access forum category. Please keep all discussion of Early Access products here until the product(s) have been publicly released.

What is the #earlyaccess forum?

It is the area to talk about items that have been released to Early Access but not on full general release yet, currently the items that fall in that category are the scale and band.

1 Like

@Crabber70 @rockyrr I would report the issue to wyze through the band page if you haven’t already.

I initially had several connection problems with my band and my iPhone 11. I sorted out most and have a routine that reestablishes the connection well.

I wanted to let the developers know the only problem I cannot find a good solution for is my iPad. If the bluetooth is enabled on my iPad it immediately takes the connection away from my iPhone. I do not allow it to pair and it isn’t listed in Bluetooth devices on the Bluetooth screen but the Wyze app on my iPad has connected just the same. The only way I can keep the band paired to my iPhone is turning bluetooth off on my iPad 100% of the time. A lot annoying and since Apple has bluetooth enabled as a default mode, the iPad will often turn bluetooth back on while charging and always after a reboot. I know this instantly as my iPhone Wyze App loses connection.

3 Likes

I merged your thread into this one. I would report this issue by going to Wyze Band > top right ( … ) > Report an Issue

Don’t try it!
I inadvertently installed the band on my iPad first because I use the iPad most of the time. It connected and all seemed well. Next I tried to connect the band to my iPhone and it would not connect and my problems began. See my previous post below.

I have similar problems with my two Android phones at home.

I was looking for a work around.

I thought if I could find an app that could block a bluetooth connection by a MAC address would do the trick.

Trouble is I can’t find an app that could do that.

Anyone know of such an app for android ?

Thanks

Chas

Exact thing I did, I always use my iPad to setup new devices. Now the iPad is seen as prime and I can’t find a way to stop it. I don’t know if it is possible to force the band back to factory settings, delete the Wyze app from my iPad and start over or if that would work. I hate to go through the hassle.

Wyze needs to have “Initiate band with device it will be used with” emblazoned in big letters.

1 Like

This Bluetooth problem is aggravating. Between my smart phone and my tablet I never know which one will sync with my band. I reported this to WYZE and the response was less than assuring. The responding person said it “connection confusion”? No suggestion that it was a concern. :frowning:

Did you send already log about the issue? This department won’t reply with emails though.