Support multiple sprinkler controllers to allow 8xN zones and reduced lead lengths

Wyze is looking into it per: https://twitter.com/WyzeCam/status/1328862790602289152

Please note the following two benefits:

1. Supports more than 8 zones, a requirement for many people with more complex set-ups such as gardens with varied needs.
  2. We can save having to do long line runs between the front and the back yard by simply having separate units for each yard.

I’m not sure physical daisy-chaining would be needed if the app gracefully supports multiple controllers. Is there something that daisy-chaining would provide that could not be done in software?

In software would be fine. I was only repeating the language your Twitter account used.

Updated title for clearity.

Combine Multiple Sprinkler Controllers On Account

I have 14-zone sprinkler system - have to 8-zone controllers. I understand there may not be enough of a market to develop a 12 and 16 zone controller. Could there be any better way of coordinating the two controllers that I have on my system?

For example, you can set a schedule to finish by sunrise. My current setup has one controller finishing at sunrise and the second controller starting at sunrise. That’s about the best way I could coordinate the two controller schedules and support changes to schedule durations without risking having two zones running at the same time.