Sunset, sunrise (dusk, dawn) trigger for rules

Not a bad idea…if you already own one of those. Still seems ridiculous that they haven’t baked this into the software. Phillips has had it in their software for going on 8 years I believe.

2 Likes

Can’t get sunrise and sunset triggers but you can get a Wyze RC car though…

2 Likes

They have cool April Fools tricks though.

It wasn’t?

OK.

They’re good at marketing. They introduce new products on April 1st. :grin:

1 Like

Um…no I cant. I also can’t get a color bulb.

1 Like

Yes this please. I have this for the few TP Link devices that I own and it works so well. It’d be amazing for Wyze to have this ability too.

1 Like

Feit Electric has it coded in their app for all their smart products (bulbs, indoor plugs, outdoor plugs, cameras, etc). Also can be controlled via Siri.

1 Like

Sunrise, Sunset works very well on my wyze sprinklers. Please add this option to light bulbs. If you can do this successfully for sprinklers why not for lights, its a pain in the ( ! ) to change my rules every few weeks.

6 Likes

Have intentionally held off on the color bulbs until this is a feature, since dusk to dawn triggers are great for charming the warmth/color of the light for good sleep scheduling.

1 Like

At this point it’s almost comical

2 Likes

No it’s sad :cry:

3 Likes

I know this has been discussed before, but I dont see any response for this request. It would be very useful to have this functionality. Please Consider!

2 Likes

I would really love to hear why this isn’t an option already. I just bought some of the color bulbs and would like have them turn themselves off and on based on the sunrise and sunset.

And speaking of the color bulbs, why in the world will they come on, after being triggered, only in white??? They are color bulbs!

3 Likes

I didn’t like the light sensor as other outdoor lights were causing some false ons/offs. I’m still using the outdoor plug to control my porch light, but I’m using the sunrise/sunset feature instead, and my outdoor plug is inside. Haha. Working great.

1 Like

My color bulbs come on in the color they were set to when going off. Maybe I’m not following…

Oh, do you mean for a sleep/wake schedule stuff? I guess that will come on as that progression of soft white shades, regardless of what color it was the night before. Mimicking the sunrise and all. Otherwise, I believe the color stays.

1 Like

Yes. I would like to set up a schedule for the lights to turn on and off. When they do, I’d like for them to be in the last color they were set up in.

2 Likes

I think that’s just how it’ll work, unless you use the “Sleep Routines” feature which tries to mimic sunrise/sunset in color and brightness.

1 Like

This feature missing is why I buy a competitor’s bulb.

1 Like

I’ve had Belkin Wemo modules for at least 5 years, and they’ve done sunrise/sunset the whole time. How hard can that feature be to implement?!

I use Alexa to turn bulbs on/off at sunrise/sunset. I don’t know why they can’t get it to work in their app but at least its a workaround.

2 Likes

What if you don’t have an Alexa device?

If you have to buy one, it’s a lot simpler to just buy a competitor product with the feature already built-in.

That’s what I did - more than a year ago.

Edit - and a lot cheaper solution, too. The cheapest Alexa device is about $50. The bulb is bout $20.

1 Like