Sunset, sunrise (dusk, dawn) trigger for rules

+1 on this request. I can’t believe it is not already in there? What good does it do to schedule a light coming on at a time if you constantly have to change it due to the sun’s phase?

… ok.

Or you could use yahoo, google, NOAH, etc. data base and your currently shared location.

Even better would be to make this an option, whether to get sunrise/sunset times from a third party, or to get them from calculations (for those with poor/no internet connection at the Wyze plug).
I currently have a Wyze plug turn on at sunset via IFTTT using Weatherunderground for sunset times, but the timing is so erratic. Within one week, Ifttt is running the applet at 15 minutes before sunset, when it’s supposed to, or as much as 30 minutes after sunset the very next night. I have a great internet connection, but I would rather not use a third party like this for sunset times.
In my experience, when I programmed an outdoor lighting system based on light sensors, I also put in fallback times, so that if the light sensors failed or were tricked by clouds, the lights would stay off after a certain time (the known latest sunrise of the year), or turn on after a certain time (the known latest sunset of the year). Not sure if this could/should be added as an option, or to just set it up as an additional rule.

2 Likes

My Samsung phone has a toggle for triggering the display’s blue light filter at sunrise/sunset. Can’t be that hard.

This would be handy if you’re using motion detection to turn on a light. For example, you want to turn on the porch light when you come home, but only if it’s dark.

1 Like

Hell, I’d be happy with a device trigger.

If Wyze Cam changes to night vision in auto mode, turn on Wyze Bulbs etc

1 Like

Any status for this wish list item to add sunrise/sunset triggers? I am using IFTTT but it is not always reliable.

Will Wyze add the ability of scheduling the bulb to turn on at sunset? So many other smart devices have this basic ability, it would be great if the Wyze bulb would have it, too within the app.

1 Like

I currently have the Lifx bulb and would like to request some features that are available in Lifx into Wyze.

Feature request list:

1. Turn ON/OFF bulb automatically set based on local time sunrise / sunset
  2. When turning ON/OFF, allow the user to set the fade in / fade out time (i.e. fades in over 30 minutes etc.)
  3. ADVANCED AUTOMATION: Allow bulb to be configured ON/OFF between a certain schedule, but within that schedule, you can set the bulb at different brightness during night. I.e. at sunset, bulb turns on at 100%, however after 11pm bulb dims to 20% and then at 6am bulb goes back to 100% and then turns off at 7am (which is sunrise).

All the features requested above are already available in Lifx and I’m sure they would make the Wyze Bulb a much stronger offering.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Sleep Routines is launched in the newest Wyze app! You can find it in the Bulb settings (after updating the firmware). We are working to making the lighting experience more pleasant in our daily lives! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really really wish I could set my bulbs to go on at Sunset. Every few months I check back, but it’s still missing. It’s a pain to have to manually update schedules every few months.

2 Likes

@tokyo.daryl I totally hear you. I’m sorry the sunrise/sunset triggers haven’t happened yet. We are working on it. Thank you for your patience.

4 Likes

Adding sunrise/sunset to start/stop under time option of setting up a rule would be appreciated!! Another option to add under time would be a timer. For example: when back door opens between sunset and sunrise, turn on hallway light for 5 minutes.

3 Likes

+1

I would really like to see this!

It would be nice to be able to turn on or off devices on a schedule according to the sunrise and sunset values for that day. The existing schedule options only allow you to specify a specific time. Other manufacturers smart home devices offer this feature. It would be great if Wyze could, too.

2 Likes

Another vote for sunrise/sunset triggers.

Fairly easy to implement IMHO,

https://sunrise-sunset.org/api

or calculate it if you don’t want to use a 3rd party API

And before the question comes up about location permissions, I started using an API that gets location from your IP address. Unless your using a VPN, it would be close enough for sunrise/sunset

2 Likes

I just received the Cam Outdoor and see that there is a setting to time lapse when sunrise or sunset is selected. I also have a wyze bulb that does NOT have that option. Why? As a former coder, I would think that you can just copy/modify the code from the outdoor cam and integrate into the bulb code, no? And although someone in support said that the outdoor cam is made for the outdoors and the bulb isn’t, so what? So many other devices on the market that are made for indoors have sunrise/sunset logic for scheduling.
**//Mod Edit: Title Modified to enhance Search Clarity.

MODERATOR NOTE:

Your submission has been merged (see below). Please hop on over there and VOTE for it. For your vote to count, you must click the VOTE button at the top of the page.

There is a wishlist for sunrise/sunset for rules. Is this what you are thinking? The wish item is labeled as researching so resources are being used for it.

4 Likes

@dbinder101 So the sunrise/sunset option in the outdoor camera isn’t a daily schedule. It’s a one-time setting to capture a time-lapse.

But as @Omgitstony stated, there is a wishlist item for it.

1 Like

Quick question regarding wish list topics in general.

Any way to see when it was labeled “researching” ? For example, this topic was created in Jan '19, knowing if it’s been labeled researching for a few days or months (years…) gives us a feel for how serious they are about implementing the wishlist item.

3 Likes