Sunset, sunrise (dusk, dawn) trigger for rules

This should be very useful feature and am looking forward to it. I hope they don’t charge extra for it.

1 Like

finally, and so far free!

1 Like

it may be only in ios beta app right now to be sure its working before the roll out.

1 Like

The Wyze App with this capability (2.24.23) has just been released. I’ve downloaded it and changed over the scheduling of my bulbs to use this feature. Will see how this works out. Now if Wyze can just keep their bulbs in stock I’d buy some more…

Edit: Looks like everything worked. Sunset was a 5 minutes early and sunrise a 3 minutes late based on a weather site for my area but close enough. Well done Wyze!

2 Likes

I just got the iOS app update today which has this feature.

2 Likes

I have ios app V2.24.34 and the sunset/sunrise feature is not in there. Am I missing something?

1 Like

They said they will be rolling out the feature to users a little at a time. I don’t know how they can do that outside of including it in the release. Note that there seem to be some quirky behavior with the latest release that some others have reported. I for example had ALL my bulbs turn on tonight at the same time - even though some were not even running on a schedule.

1 Like

Cool, thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

If you are, I’m missing it, too. I have the latest app (.34).

Yep, no sunrise/sunset yet. Running iOS V 2.24.34

1 Like

It actually is a limited release for testing. I currently have it on mine and am testing it.

Here are some of what you will see:

1 Like

Hey friends! Thanks for all of your votes and suggestions on this highly-requested feature.

I’m happy to confirm that we’ve started rolling out sunrise/sunset rules to a small number of users with version 2.24.xx of the Wyze app. This allows us to ensure the feature is performing as expected for a short time before rolling it out to everyone.

As these new rules become available, please continue to share your thoughts with us here. Thanks everyone! :sunny:

9 Likes

Wouldn’t it be Wyze to announce when a highly-requested feature is WIDELY available as opposed to what Wyze continues to do (Announces a feature is available, when it is not widely available yet)?

2 Likes

Any update on when this is rolling out? Still not seeing this as an option

2 Likes

2nd this. I’m waiting to take my bulbs out of the closet. Wyxe really needs to start supporting products before releasing new ones.

3 Likes

I’m using 2.25.xx of the Wyze app and still lacking this functionality. I see the new lamp plugs mention this functionality though.

1 Like

I have 2.25.21 on both my iPhone and iPad, and the sunrise/sunset functions are present and working well.

I have 2.25.22 on Android, and still don’t have the sunrise/sunset rules. Really hoping I get it soon.

EDIT: Oh! I looked at @spamoni’s screenshot, and I do have it! I thought it would be a separate category under Rules, didn’t realize it was just instead of the times under Schedule! Perfect! Anyone else who’s not seeing it, make sure, in Rules, you tap Schedule > Start Time > Sunrise/Sunset.

2 Likes

I would love this option for the switch. My first use of these will be on my outdoor floods. I want to be able to schedule them to come on at dusk and off at like 3am. So I hope the dusk-on doesn’t have to be dawn-off…

1 Like

The rules don’t require sunset on/sunrise off. I have lights set to come ON a number of minutes before or after sunset and OFF at set time, and they work just fine.

1 Like