Sunrise Sunset

It’s been 48 hours and I’m very happy with the new plug.

Might I suggest a sunrise/sunset with a time variance feature?

I’d love to choose my time zone and set a +/- 30 minutes variance so lights (outlets) turn on/off with the sunrise/sunset.

Thanks SO much!

2 Likes

Hello, you might be interested in the wish-list item I linked below, don’t forget to vote at the top if it interests you.

4 Likes

I looked but couldn’t find that. I knew it had been made and was hiding somewhere

2 Likes

Sunrise Sunset

Sunrise sunset, sunrise, sunset,
Swiftly flow the days,
Seedlings turn overnight to sunflowers,
Blossoming even as they gaze…

Sorry. I couldn’t help breaking out into song when I read the title of your post.

1 Like

Thanks Jason, I thought I mentioned, a zip code should also allow the system to know local sunrise/sunset times.

I have voted on that wishlist item too. But, a couple of weeks ago, I had a FB conversation with someone about using IFTTT. I had never used that protocol before, so I admitted not knowing how to create a task on IFTTT or even what a “service” was.

Steve was kind enough to go ahead and create a couple of applets using the Weather Underground service that will turn the lights on at sunset and turn them off at sunrise, based on a map location.

I had to create an account and get familiar with the site, but was able to figure it out. Here is a link to the applets he created: https://ifttt.com/weather

Good luck. But, if you run into problems, there are tons of people here and on FB who are more than willing to help out.

5 Likes