Suggestions to improve Video Doorbell installation instructions (and an app bug)

The instructions for how to use a wire nut might want to suggest checking your local electrical code. In my city, you are required to wrap wire nuts in electrical tape (presumably in case the wires pull out). (Pictures below.)

I noticed that the extension wire pulled out from the spade’s insulation, so I had to wrap that in electrical tape too. (Picture below.)

The Wyze app does not display the doorbell’s image correctly on a phone with a 18:9 aspect ratio. If nothing else, it would be nice if the image were moved down out of the notification area. (Picture below.)

I also noticed that when I changed the video quality from SD to HD, the change was not reflected in the user interface until I exited that screen and opened it again.

1 Like

Mine looks like that and appears normal. Its a 3:4 ratio image from the camera. If you full screened it, you wouldn’t be able to see the full image. I do agree that mocking it down below the icons at the top would be good.

1 Like