Trigger Cam Pan pan/tilt direction based on other sensory inputs (Wyze sensors, other Wyze cam motion or AI detection, etc.)

Would be nice if the pan cam could turn to a specific direction (waypoint) on a sense trigger.
Ex. Front door contact sensor gets activated; the camera makes a 180. If the back door contact sensor goes off, then make a other 180 degree turn.

I would love to have the ability to have a sensor trigger the pan cam to move and focus on a selected area. As an example, say there are 2 doors in a room (front, and back) the pan cam is in the middle. If the front door opens, have that trigger the pan cam to turn and point to it. If the back door opens have the camera turn and point at it. I know the function for “Pan Scan” is there but this might be even better by having an event trigger the scan to location.

It would be great if i could get the Pancam to turn to a specific point and start recording when a sensor is triggered. e.g. the “home view” for the pancam is set for the livingroom. When a sensor on the front door is triggered the cam would rotate towards the door to record who is entering, then using motion control follow the subject. When motion was no longer detected, the cam would return to the home position.

I love the Sense door and motion sensor triggering video from cams. It would be great to have a Wyze cam Pan move to a pre determined location at the trigger point.

When the motion or contact sensor gets activated, we should be able to automatically spin the camera to point twords the sensor that went off; and record. verses just being able to record when it gets activated.

I also think this is a great idea. I currently have my Pan cam on “Pan scan” mode but would love to add sensors In the area the “waypoints” view. The challenge to this is going to be multiple sensors going off and demanding the Pan cam to point in that sensor’s direction. I’m sure the the Team will come up with a Wyze idea :bulb:

I have a wyze cam pan that covers a 360 degree area. I would love to see an IFTTT action that moves the camera to a certain way point to record. That way if a wyze sensor is triggered, it can move to the best way point of that sensor to record.

I really want to be able to turn the Wyze Cam Pan to a custom waypoint when either Wyze Sense contact sensor or motion detection is triggered. Like if I have the Pan mounted in such a way where it can’t monitor all areas at once, I can have it automatically turn to a specific location, like toward the front door when it is opened, or the hallway when motion is detected.

As far as I know, this feature doesn’t exist, but please let me know if it does.

Note: I don’t actually have a Wyze Pan yet, but having this feature would be a big reason why I would buy.

Would love to have the ability that can recall a saved preset to the Pan Camera when the contact Sensor is opened or closed. I have 4 doors visible with the location of one WYZE pan camera. Would be great for it to move to a saved position and record when the door is opened.

This is a great idea, that way my pan could point to the front or back door depending on what sensor opens

Any traction on this? Any alternatives yet?

Thats brilliant … I never even thought of that

That’s an awesome idea!!! I never thought of that?!?!! Hopefully Wyze can do this!

I think it will be great if Pan camera will turn to contact sensor which is change state to open and start recording a video

It would be useful to have a way to setup the camera to look at a sensor when it detects motion or activity.

For example I have a hall with doors on both sides. It is difficult to monitor both without it constantly panning back and forth. With this feature I could have the camera sit pointed at one door and have it turn if the door sensor opens for the other door.

The user would need to program it to tell it what areas to monitor when a sensor is tripped.

1 Like

I just added a Wyze Cam Pan to my mix of Wyze products and I kind of love it despite its somewhat paranoid behavior. After tweaking it all weekend I came up with something super useful that I don’t think has been suggested yet

Use Wyse Sense sensors to trigger specific positions from the panscan settings.

Example: Motion sensor in garage, sends WyzeCam Pan to panscan position 1 and starts smart recording, holds position until clear signal received, then resumes normal panscan activity.

Example: Front Door Open, sends WyzeCam Pan to panscan position 3 and starts smart recording.

4 Likes

Brilliant…

1 Like

I have a pan cam in a garage served by two overhead doors. Normally the camera pans between 3 waypoints. Two of the waypoints are the overhead doors which are monitored with contacts. Both doors cannot be located with the detection zone. Contacts should be able to trigger a sensor video that would interrupt Pan/Scan function and focus on a waypoint, then when the sensor video was over camera would then resume the Pan/Scan function.

2 Likes

Glad to see others are interested in this. I’d love to see this implemented. Makes perfect sense and a great link between sensors and camera.

1 Like

Executive summary: A way to support a “cam pan” to aim towards the location of a triggered motion sensor or door sensor and start recording.

Long Story:
I have two areas of my basement that are off-limits without supervision to our youngest kids, the woodshop and the electronics shop. I have a single Wyze Pan Cam mounted in a location that can see both rooms with a pan. I have motion sensors set up in each room and I’ve verified both work great.

Under “Pan Scan Settings”, I can set “stations” for the pan cam to bounce between without the sensor trigger. That mode ends up slipping slightly as it pans to the point that it’s not pointing in the right directions after a little while. I also worry about this mode wearing out the motor.

Presently, there is not a way (in rules or elsewhere) to have the camera pan towards a specific “station” if the motion sensor is tripped in that area. I’ve tired several methods and written up a ticket, but there is no way to support this at this time.

1 Like