Strange white orbs flying around?

It is kind of neat to watch, sometimes the air currents are just right and it looks like “air dancing”.

1 Like

Yup…just focused the cam a little to the right (or down…or up…or left), and they went away.

1 Like

I found that bugs show up as a little flash, depending on how big the bug is depends on how big the flashes, I’m guessing that’s what you’re seeing, creeped me out at first as well

1 Like

Dust! When the IR Led’s Are on you can see dust flying around.

1 Like

There seem to be three different things here, all on infrared. Dust particles, bugs, and what someone referred to as “orbs”. These orbs look like someone is standing behind the camera and moving small beam of light over whatever the camera is focused on. Not sure of the source of the reflection…maybe the infrareds reflecting off of the camera lens somehow ? What is confusing is that it moves as the video clip runs, yet the camera is stationary. As I said above, given this theory, I just adjusted the camera so that it “faced” just a little bit different aiming point, and the reflections disappeared permanently.

1 Like

one option for the reflection that occurred to me was a passing car, i get these in my apartment all the time - sometimes its the headlights, sometimes its a reflection bouncing off the car windows/chrome… then when the car turns around it makes a curve/looping pattern.

when night vision is on it will pick up all kinds of strange things we don’t normally see; reflective writing on clothing, reflecting off backpacks, and i noticed a big bright flare when i pickup my cell phone - which was my phone turning on its own ir light for face detection to unlock.

1 Like

My husband claims they are bugs but I’m convinced they’re ghosts. Or faeries.

1 Like

Hi, I have worked with paranormal activity on many different levels and trust me when I say the orbs that move in crazy patterns are most certainly spirits. The ones that just float bye in a normal pattern are just dust. I’ve dealt with demons and spirits that wont leave a place they are familiar with, So if you live where your mother lived then it very well may be her or someone that was comfortable being with her. Especially if she died in the house you are in or your father died in, It may be him as well. Spirits are real and if for any reason you don’t believe they are then you should definitely find a paranormal group near you and you will see because I did not believe in these type of things until I married my wife and her past boyfriend hung himself in the house I moved in with her and let me tell you things got very crazy and unexplainable. Needless to say after a cleansing we had to move because of the issue, So trust me they are real. I missed a week at work because of it and I never miss work, It scared me that bad but since then I have attended a paranormal group a few times and have discovered there are things in this world that most definitely support there is a afterlife, demons, and spirits that are stuck here on Earth. If u don’t believe me find a paranormal group near you and you will see it’s all true

2 Likes

Wait until you have a spider build a web on your cameras. I’ve had that happen a few times and it’s super creepy. It seems like the bugs and spiders are drawn to the infrared.

Looks like a giant spider crawling across the screen.

1 Like

Haha!

I have a similar obstructive object that shows up only at night. It appears as if it’s a thick thread that cuts through the entire image from top to bottom but weaves or undulates about. I’ve looked to see if there was anything either material in front of the lens or anything that might be reflecting such an image onto the lens, but there was nothing. And, during daylight, nothing like that appears. In daylight the image is perfectly clear. What’s up with that?
Howard Brafman

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

That sounds like a spiderweb. They are not always as close to the camera as you would think.

Naa, thanks but no thanks, I don’t believe in that crap. They are dust particles.

1 Like

Dust floating by near the lens, it probably start tracking it a few inches in front of the lens and recording it growing in size as it floats even nearer to the lens. Giving the illusion of coming from far away and flying by the lens. Mine seemed to come out of the carpet and out of the walls towards the camera and fly past it.

Human shed thousands of skin scales everyday. You’ll be surprised how much stuff my robot vac gets in the the bedroom. We’re just there 6-8hr there sleeping only.

1 Like

As others have mentioned, it can be a variety of things. I have two cameras outside. I get bugs both flying and crawling including spiders. I get lots of videos of spider webs bouncing around in the wind. The spiders like to crawl over the fronts of the cameras. And yes, fog shows up in the infrared. Gives an eerie look to the scene, I have one camera mounted under our 3’ roof overhang and sometimes during the day I get bluejays flying by coming and going. Camera is on the flight path to the cat feeders behind the house. Infrared photography is interesting.

2 Likes

I Thought It Was Some Fools Flying A Drone…I Took Video And Slowed Down So I Could See It, I’m Trying To Figure Out How To Post This Because I Sent It To Myself E-mail Wise So I Have The Big Picture But Cant Share It, I’m So Happy You Saw It Too.

I Just Sent Pictures From The Video I Took Of Object You Are Speaking Of,. I Hope They will Post It So You Can See Them. I Don’t Know How To Send Them To The Community Where Everyone Can See Them.I Stopped The Video At Different Points So I Could See What It Was, Because It Was Moving So Fast, That Was The Only Way To See What It Is.

1 Like

No mine work great perhaps you have ghosts very strange

I have a furrion security system back up system on my trailer I’ve noticed the ssmething no way dust polin or particles of wood sprinkles of water .they move the same way almost every night past week