Strange robot vacuum navigation with firmware 1.6.173

I got mine earlier in December and I immediately updated it to beta 173. All I did was get the beta Wyze app (Android, Become a Beta Tester – Wyze), went to Account > About > Beta program and added Wyze Robot Vacuum, it then offered up 1.6.173. I had no issues updating, it didn’t take a long time like some people had happen.

Note, there is currently no beta Android app, so 2.27.33 supports the beta 173 firmware just fine and it still has the beta program in about (unless that only shows up because I’m still subbed for future Wyze app betas).

There is apparently a list of robot MAC addresses allowed to get the beta, but I assume that is just whatever is coming after 173. Maybe I was just lucky that mine was somehow already on the list?

173 is not the Christmas Beta, it has been out for some time (8/18/21), it has most if not all the main listed features though. The only missing feature I’m aware of is base station editing. I sure hope map saving improvements (at least have more control) are going to be a thing too.

Just got confirmation that a Factory Reset MAY erase the maps. So it would be really nice if there was a way to export them.

2 Likes