Strange flying objects in cam

I recently got a Wyze floodlight/camera. Esp at night, it looks like a snow flurry - except it’s going up instead of down. I go outside, look very hard and see nothing. This is winter, but it never snows here.

Can you post an example? Where in the country are you?

If it looks like this, it’s mist:

1 Like

Yeah I don’t believe what I’m capturing in my videos is mist. I’m not saying it’s anything paranormal. But I have no idea what it could be. I’m in Minnesota it’s currently negative 4 outside. So I doubt that it would be bugs or mist.

I have some other weird stuff I’ve caught also. Probably won’t be posting it because everyone seems to be kind of jerks about the whole thing. But to the OP, I feel you bro.

1 Like

I have the same situation. It happens only with a new v3 and never with an older version. Can’t figure out what it is.

1 Like

I feel your pain and you’re not alone. I’ve caught some totally unexplainable things on my cam, not even close to the bug description. Yet someone always comes along and calls it a bug…

My cameras see this same thing in the summer. When I go outside I can’t see it but the camera can when in night vision mode with the IR lights on. For my situation it’s pollen and/or dust in the air and sometimes insects. My camera doesn’t really see it when I turn off night vision.

The camera’s don’t have bug detection. But there is an option to submit insects as the motion event to Wyze. My Camera’s have been triggered by bugs a lot and not once did the motion event ever say it was an insect.

1 Like

Yeah, totally looks like insects there lol.

Side note: Color vision should be far better if you put out a brighter spotlight or floodlight to allow it. The cam’s floodlight isn’t so good.