Stop someone who you shared your camera with from sharing it with someone else

Thank you.

Would be nice if a email went out and gave them OS links to DL app. With instructions that they need to set up a free account.

They need to have an existing account to share a cam with them.

That’s not a bad idea, I personally don’t really open links in my email (info sec side of me) but others may need this.

I just revoked the test share, and I received no email due to the revoke either. I did however get a prompt in the app telling me access had been revoked.

Good to know. Thanks for testing. I could not find a DL link on Wyze site to DL the OS apps? Anyone else see a link?

There are no PC apps, you need to load the app on a mobile device. So the Wyze app is available from the Google Play Store and Apple App Store for Android and iOS users.

Found the link to DL from store. https://www.wyze.com/wyze-app/

Yes, that link redirects you to the Google Play Store and Apple App Store.

Will be curious if this person DL and sets up a account .

If you want to go nuts you could set up the account for them, share the camera with that account, then tell them where to find the app and send them the logon info. Since it’s just a copy of one of your cams you knowing the password wouldn’t be a biggie, but they could easily change it if they liked.

So @mixonepa, is even an email supposed to go out? It has been 12 hours since I shared, and still no email.

Use to get one but as of now I’m kinda lost, I don’t know what happened to it I’ma ask around.

I never got an actual email when a camera was shared with me , it just shows up in the app that’s it.
I don’t think you are supposed to get an actual email

1 Like

Yup. Guests can even TURN OFF the cameras.