Stop showing me ads to upgrade!

Stop showing me ads to upgrade to continuous recording when I am playing back an event! I have a 32 gig chip and have all the recording time I want and need.

I DONT WANT OR NEED your subscription service to do what I already have.

VERY ANNOYING and intrusive. STOP IT!!!

3 Likes

No one here can turn it off for you. Assuming you’re running a fairly recent version of the Wyze app:

Wyze app Home > Account (lower right) > Notifications > In-app Notifications > Uncheck what you don’t want or turn it all off at the top. This does not change your “push notifications” from your cams… it turns promotional, news, etc. on or off.

2 Likes

That setting definitely does NOT stop the annoying ads. Ours has always be set to “off” and again today we got a totally useless notification to “buy our new vacuum cleaner”. Ugh. Why did I pay a small fortune for all these cameras and other hardware… just to get more and more ads and notifications???

1 Like

Utter JUNK, TURN IT OFF!! :angry:

2 Likes

Completely agree, STOP with the fricking ads in my application!!! I buy almost everything that Wyze makes, multiples of them. But Stop pestering me in the application to buy stuff I don’t want. I know what is available and it just pisses off a loyal (for now) customer.

1 Like

I have stopped all Wyze purchases, and stopped recommending them to friends, family and coworkers because these STUPID ADS keep popping up. (my inApp notification setting has been off for a long time).

1 Like

I too am close to moving to a different platform because the Wyze Application continues to force modal “last chance to upgrade” type ads in my face in MY application. I’d be willing to pay a one time app fee to get rid of ads like my settings are set now, but chances of that are nil. It is ONE thing to place an offer in our face, but a completely DIFFERENT thing to only have the option to bring up a filled shopping cart that you can not cancel but instead have to poke an icon on the bottom of the app to get back to a screen without the modal upgrade offer in your face. Probably the WORST thing about this is that Wyze has settings in the app that claim to get rid of these offers and notifications from Wyze, but they keep coming.

Furthermore, every camera I add requires MULTIPLE button clicks and more to get to the point that my camera is on “BASIC” service without “CAM PLUS”. Adding devices should not force users through the gauntlet that implies their camera will not work unless subscribed to the Wyze paid services.