Stop clicking sound from WYZE camera when something is detected

This click can tip off the camera’s presence to the person / entity who has been captured by the camera. I noticed this with both the white and black WYZE cams (more noticeable on my black one though for some reason - they are both on the same FW version…)_

@fatlips,

I’ve moved your post over to #ask-the-community because clicking on motion detection is not normal behavior. There is a click when the camera transitions from day to night mode or vice versa. That is due to the physical movement of the IR filter and really nothing can be done about that. If the day/night mode click is problematic for you, then you may want to lock the camera in day or night mode and only change it manually when the click won’t be a problem.

If you are getting clicks purely on motion detection, then you may need a replacement camera. Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, I suggest you file a support request including the log files for more help. You might want to go ahead and submit your ticket now as there is somewhat of a backlog. If you end up getting the issue resolved before support contacts you, then you can always let them know that it’s already resolved.

1 Like

I have two of the white model cameras and am having the exact same clicking sound problem during motion detection.