Stolen Wyze Camera

Exactly, at some point, for some, it’s about security and the ability to monitor premises or whatever, THAT’S the valuable goal here, for me and most everyone else, I’m sure. Why else even make the initial purchase? (Unless you just bought the one and installed it in such a manner or location that the idea of stealing it becomes a bit more dissuading to the would-be camera-thief.)

1 Like

Would you not register it and record the mac address/es, serial numbers, and receipt/s? Any sufficiently ‘smart’ device should employ ‘smart’ forward-thinking tactics, such as requiring cams to be ‘released’ from an account once initially set up, but prior to automatically transferring access to that device and removing all access from the previous (thieved) cam owner? Seems like the mac addresses should be saved to the cloud and associated with a specific account until otherwise ‘released’ to the new owner, OR disabled in the device itself (possibly requiring Wyze intervention to release and correct the issue). I would immediately flag an account and temporarily disable the camera for having been set up on an initial account and then again on a new account without, first, having been released by the previous owner. There are some really basic and fundamental steps which could and probably SHOULD be employed already on, both, the devices, locally, and at Wyze, remotely, to protect consumers and increase device security. Anything less than the aforementioned is just negligence on Wyze’s part imo.

2 Likes

My camera was stolen as well… and it isn’t about the amount of money that I spent on it. It is the principal of the thing… someone stole it from me. I would pay to find out who did it and where the camera is now just for the pure knowledge and have a little clarity.

1 Like