Still faceless. Yes, cam plus subscriber

Still, after several tries of different angles, distances, with and w/o night vision enabled and every other way possible including submitting ticket after ticket with logs and attached videos/captures my Pan Cam still shows no unknown faces. How else can I get my cam to recognize faces much less list them as unknown? Can someone PLEASE explain what I’m doing wrong and tell me the right way of doing it?

Facial recognition is supposedly still a beta feature currently, so I assume a mod will move this to the beta forum soon since it’s supposedly not something working for everyone…only a few select approved accounts. Still, it did/does work for me, at least it did when it first activated, and I was able to assign faces to my household family for the first day or two of videos. Then suddenly it stopped letting me add any faces of anyone at all, old or new. I even had new people stay at my house for days (people who had never been on my cams before) with clear facial recordings in various situations including the same conditions that it previously worked and recorded faces for, and like you said, it wouldn’t recognize or record any new unrecognized faces like it should have. I don’t know why not. I think there is some kind of bug that is preventing it recognizing or adding new faces for some reason. I don’t know what the problem is, but I thought I would let you know that it is happening to other people besides you. I don’t think you are doing anything wrong, I think it is an issue because it’s in beta and has some bugs preventing it from working properly.

Furthermore, the Filters for Faces has not been working lately either. At one time it allowed me to select to search just for videos with me or my wife or my daughter(s) in them, but that stopped working for me a while ago, so I think the AI just hasn’t been processing faces for a while. Be patient, these things happen with beta services while they work out the bugs. You said you submitted tickets already, so it sounds like you did everything right. It’s just not a fully functional service yet. These things come with the territory of beta testing…with any company. I beta test both volunteer and professionally, and I can tell you it’s fairly normal and can take some patience. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Or… As with free cloud person detection, the extra face processing and profile storage cost more than expected and they are in a holding pattern until they figure it out. Hope not.

2 Likes

I ended up buying a different brand camera this week. Wyze worked very well for me for a year BUT in the last 2 weeks it only detects humans around 10% of the time. I have even stood in front of it waiving and it still did not detect a human despite being on the human program. If Wyze ever gets this fixed I will try the camera in the back of my house. The new camera I (other brand) bought which was only a little more money has fantastic human alerts. Usually within 30 seconds.

Im a beta tester and I haven’t got it yet!

1 Like

Still haven’t found a face and here it is mid March almost… smh I’m early access beta tester and hardware as well. I’ve backed and waiting for my home system to release but now I’m beginning to wonder if I should change brands all together just to have and deal with less issues

Make sure you explicitly have it turned on (services, cam plus, tap the camera name) this has to be done for each camera and sometimes resets if you change subscriptions. (trial to paid for example)

Also, here’s an update that was posted in the beta facebook group in regards to facial recognition

Hey awesome Wyze friends,

My name is Shawn and I’m the AI guy at Wyze. Thanks for signing up for our AI facial recognition testing group! We have important changes planned so I’m here to tell you what to expect in the upcoming weeks. Let’s jump right in!

We’ve been developing v2 for the Face Recognition system to improve face detection accuracy and provide more intuitive functionality. It’s almost ready for you, but because we invented a new system to detect and recognize people, the migration from v1 to v2 will require a temporary shutdown of the service.

Here’s what that means:

• On Monday, March 22, we’ll gradually shut down the Face Recognition service and you won’t be able to use it until after the migration is complete.

• The migration will last 3-4 weeks.

• After the migration is complete, we’ll automatically re-enable the service for you to start testing again.

• Your labeled face data will automatically be saved and migrated to v2.

There is nothing you need to do, but we wanted to give you a heads up about what’ll happen.

Thanks again for being a tester! We’ll re-open up the testing application once the migration is finished.

Best,

Shawn from Wyze

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.