Stealth WyzeCam

We decided to try camouflaging one of our new Wyze Cams.
This is one of the ideas we tried and wanted to share it with the community.
We know it’s not the greatest but it is better than a camera just sitting in the open which can be easily spotted. Maybe on the next milk carton we’ll take a little more care cutting out the hole. We also cut a large hole in the rear to allow for placement and for the excess wire to be bundled inside if necessary. We placed it near an electrical outlet.
We have gotten a lot of great ideas from others on the forum so far as placement and various ideas of what to do with our WyzeCams.
We would like to see other people’s stealthy ideas for concealing their WyzeCams.

Thanx,

73’

Tuna

8 Likes

hey @Tuna Ill try to post pictures of my updates for my work on stealth in the afternoon, but I must ask, if you were to use this, where would it be placed? if I broke into a house, just seeing milk on the counter or better yet in the living room would seem odd (I’m sure I wouldn’t think camera) but still :grinning:

so there is a guy on here that is experimenting with vinyl wraps for the V2. I bought some off of him and they are great. I didnt line up the edges perfectly but it changes the cameras visibility immensely.

and here you can see the one I have looking through my front door. with the wrap, unless you are looking for it you would never see it.

the first picture is just one thats in my living room. not meant to be hidden.

3 Likes

Yep, thinking that too, But, it’s not milk per sae, like cow’s milk that would sour and become smelly cheese type milk. It’s coconut milk and I’ll have to leave some out to see exactly what happens. Anyway good point. But, we had an empty coconut milk carton and said hey, it’s recycling bin material so, let’s give it a try as a test bed type of deal. We could be the type of people who leave our empty coconut milk carton on the counter because we were in a hurry to get to work that morning! Hiding them behind clocks, portraits, pictures, mirrors and all sorts of ideas have come to mind. Yes, the front door with vinyl wrap looks good. You can hardly see that black wrapped camera behind the glass even with your reflection on the glass. If you had dark curtains or a dark upper corner on top of the curtain rod. Also behind the glass in your entertainment center watching the people watching TV, hey now there is a concept. On top the refrigerator, or on the counter top, different containers in the kitchen would work nicely as well. Something that is not out of place in the kitchen, or living room. Use an old answering machine that does not work anymore wires and cords running to it are normal and do not look out of place, a stereo, speakers, Pretty much any old device that has wires, or had wires is a good choice since the wires will not be suspect and can be left right on a table or shelf in plain sight.

Thanx for sharing,

73’

Tuna

1 Like

I’m going to try and hide mine in my bedroom behind some 2 inch acoustic foam when i move into my apartment, first, i’ll make the Wyze housing black, then use some foam to go over it without blocking the field of view. i’ll be posting when done :slight_smile:

1 Like

can you tell there’s a wyze in there? i think i’ll be adding an extension cord (the wyze one looks awesome) for extra stealth to move it from the outlet. i love it

8 Likes

WOW it took me a while to find it…AWESOME!!

2 Likes

Proto Type #1 for my ring cam.

4 Likes

Nice job. For future reference, the 1/4 inch black circle under the main lens isn’t connected to anything, so you can cover that and not have any white showing.

1 Like

I assumed it was a light sensor.

Instead of fabing a new housing just use some electricians tape, etc to cover up the white part. How’d you run the power wire?

Ps the close up of the install doesn’t show the Lego person, or whatever it is :slight_smile:

I already have a new housing laid out on the Micarta ready to snap so I can redo that cutout.
My garage is beside that wall so I drilled through for power wire. I did not have the lego man on those initial closeup pictures. It was a random thought of a way to draw the persons eyes towards the lens as they approach. I can say it works. Yesterday’s amazon delivery the driver looked right at it. It was funny because he seemed pissed that his eyes got drawn to it.

I want to see that video :slight_smile:

1 Like

Consider using false labeling. Paint the camera black, glue some short pieces of wire vertically and
horizontally across the front of the camera to look like a grill. Don’t cover the lense or mike hole.
Print and attache a lable such as “Air Sensor”

3 Likes

I ordered this birdhouse off Amazon. The camera fit perfectly inside. I just moved and haven’t set it back up but this is what it looks like.

4 Likes

Very nice. You may want to caulk the gap at the roof peak to help reduce rain intrusion.

Yeah, I should have spent some more time on it… I just wanted to toss something outside before I had left town that week (I’m only home on weekends). Wanted something so my girlfriend could see who’s outside and something pointed at the cars. Thankfully it was under the eave. When I get some more time I’ll take it apart and redo it… Add a better way to hang it as well, I was just using the power cable lol.