Static loudest sound in playback

That’s nothing. You should hear how loud my V3 is…you can’t hear a thing!! Only static!!

2 Likes

Wyze needs to step up and fix this problem!!

It occurred after latest update. They are probably trying to save the cost for data storage, and adjusting the storage somehow, compromising the clarity of the recordings. I would rather have them save data by “shorter storage timeframe”, and have “usable” video/audio recordings. Maybe have them store the data for one week, instead of two

So the static sound is coming from the audio speaker on the back of all the Wyze cams. All my v2 cams have it but the new v3 static is the worst. The speaker remains energized when not being used and the vibration of the speaker is picked up by the receiving mic on the camera, thus rendering its ability to pick up other sounds practically useless… I also have multiple Ring cameras and none of which have this issue. In fact audio detection and quality is amazing. I wanted to fully transition to Wyze because I love the image quality of the v3 cams, but the static and audio quality is so bad that I’m second guessing the move.

1 Like

Has anyone found a solution to this yet. I’ve got 9 V3 cameras that ALL have static and crackling sounds. Customer Support had me go through everything (reset, firmware upgrade, SD card in, SD card out). Nothing has worked. Please help,… someone.

3 Likes

Same issue. Just bought and installed three V3 Cams. Static on all three. What a bizarre flaw. The ones saying their cams worked fine until a certain update makes me believe it’s a firmware issue. If ANYONE has a fix, please share. C’mon, Wyze, do something about this.

2 Likes

These cams are only good for watching live video feeds. It’s all I use them for now is backup live video and won’t buy anything else from Wyze. Support has you walk through the basics, which will not fix the issue. When I bought my first Wyze cam ages back it worked great. Then a firmware update messed up the audio and it just got worse from there. Their QA/QC must be nonexistent. I changed to Simplisafe.

1 Like

So this is going on 3 years, all versions V1, V2,V3 have static on recorded audio. The V3 is a little better.
If you log a ticket they’ll ask you for a video, despite hundreds of people reporting this. I told them to create their own video, ain’t wasting anytime doing useless exercises.
I doubt they can fix it, since it’s been almost 3 years.
I still love the V3, the picture is incredible, so incredible they can’t keep them in stock. Too bad they have no idea how to fix recorded audio.

All my v2s are crystal clear. But now 9 of my v3s are all static. I never had any v1s. Support just asked me for screenshots and log data… so hopefully they can help.

I think during SD playback it is worse. Are you referring to live audio, SD Card audio, or wyze cloud recorded clips audio, that is clear?
It’s not just me, there are hundreds of reports and Wyze knows about it

Any solution yet to this audio static problem on playback from SD card? I used to love Wyze products and I want to continue loving them. This problem needs a solution.

Indeed let me know if you find it! Mine still has the static sound issues! I wasn’t able to find a solution and Wyze’s customer service left me hanging.

Agree fully

My experience is that’s it’s the software filter based on the detection settings for sound. If you reduce the detection setting then playback the sound of the static goes away. I’m guessing it’s a very simple filtering mechanism in the software. As of the 2022 firmware when I’m not listening in playback the static hiss is nearly imperceptible.

The simple programming fix would be to have a separate filter slider for playback.

1 Like

is it still not fixed? my wyze v3 has bad white noise on playback. but no noise at the live stream.