Static loudest sound in playback

Hello,
Was a fix for this ever discovered?
My playback used to be completely fine and then one day the static that is described above.

2 Likes

Same issue. Horrible loud static on playback. Live perfect. Please advise of fix. If not, will have to grab a custom firmware if one works for me.

Same problem here. I am recording continually. Playback has a lot of static. No static on live stream.

1 Like

I formatted the SD card and the problem is resolved. I will report back if fails again. Note, there is always some static. In this case there was nothing but really loud static and no video. This happened after the recent firmware upgrade. I guess it is best to format the SD card anytime the firmware changes. At least for now, mine all work,

Same problem here. Recent issue, used to work perfectly. Please share thoughts or solution. Thank you!

I discovered my cam pan was not recording following recent firmware upgrade. Rebooting was sufficient, but static remains an issue. Reboot, reformat, reboot router, reinstall app. I’d try these.

Cheers

After months, I am still having the loud “static” noise issue during playback on my phone app of events from my SD card. Although not nearly as loud if video is available for playback, static sound is VERY loud if no video is available during a certain time frame. Was hoping an upgrade would resolve this problem… Could someone from Wyze please respond with a fix for this?

I’m having the static issue too

1 Like

Same issue here, very loud static/white noises during playbacks only, can’t hear dialogues clearly, I’m new with wyze devices I had another camera with local SD recording no issues

Same issue here.

Same issue. Definitely think it’s the firmware. Tried every possible thing from my end.

Same here. Horrible audio on all cams and WORSE on the V3. Have tried everything. Obviously they don’t care and quality control/testing must not exist.

Not buying anything else from Wyze. I hoped the V3 would be better and I could replace the others but nope. Certainly didn’t expect it to be worse. When I purchased my first two cams over a year ago the sound was fine. Then after a firmware update it was terrible.

1 Like

I get this static noise too and it’s even worse on my two new Wyze V3… on the new ones is very, very loud when you’re live viewing the feed.

2 Likes

Same. It’s terrible. Can’t hear anything but loud static/distortion. When you try to use the mic to speak nothing but occasional garbled words.

I have the same issue. V2. I can here ok during live video but when go to playback it is nothing but static.

Please help!

1 Like

Same issue here!

1 Like

I have the same exact problem. I can hear fine without static when watching live feed but when trying to watch playback all you hear is static. VERY annoying! I’ve been searching for answers and suggestions and haven’t found anything yet. It seems like it all started after one of their latest updates. I’ve rebooted my router and deleted and re-installed the app. Still no change.

1 Like

I gave up. Customer service was horrid. Cancelled my Plus plan.

2 Likes

I was be able fix the issue by factory reset the entire camera, formatted the sd card, and restarted the camera from the app. I am not a big fan of Wyze anymore. I can see more and more issues and bugs with every software release.

2 Likes

I’ve got the exact same issue. The huge amount of static is only in my WyzeCam V3. Plus, it is occurring in newvV3 they sent me!! (sent old V3 back)
My PanCam and V2 I would consider “normal”…very little static on live feed, and only a slightly more amount of static on playback.
On the V3, Very loud in BOTH. The static is present in life feed, AND playback. It doesn’t matter. Same loud static. So frustrating.
I contacted WYZE. They had me doing all kinds of stuff with SD card, and camera, rebooting, factory restart etc.

2 Likes