StarLight Sensor

All my V3 cams have .139, without issue. Good luck.

1 Like

I hear you loud and clear brother. As I said, I’ll keep the firmware for few days and see how it goes. Just trying to solve the problem by process of elimination :slight_smile:

Could be moon phase and/or cloud cover.

When you first wrote this, moon phase was maybe 17%. When you got your replacement moon phase was maybe 10%.

So barring cloud cover, things should go great from here on for both cameras until after the next full moon, as it flipped to more illumination yesterday. :wink:

You might be partially correct about the moon and the clouds, but the new camera definitely looks better by leaps and bounds. Here is a screen shot of old (top) and new (bottom) video clips, taken roughly at the same time, both days with no cloud coverage, not sure about he moon phases though :wink: .

Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 7.33.51 AM

Not to mention that the old camera is a brick now. I was able to update the firmware to the .139 and every time I power it down and back up again it starts with “Ready to Connect”. Once connected the indicator lights don’t come out, it doesn’t recognize the SD card, keeps on disconnecting (even though it is inches from the router), constantly nagging me with “Ready to Connect”. It goes in a drawer for future teardown.

I think the verdict for my issues is: bad, really bad camera after only six months. I hope the new one lasts longer than six months. I was thinking to get four more cameras to add to my system, 3 for the cottage and another one for the house. I think I’m going to hold on to the idea for a while now.

1 Like

losing receipts is why i signed up to have HD email me a copy of the receipt at checkout every time. got a folder in my email that they all go into. ask a cashier next time you go in to show you how to set it up

1 Like

All I had to do is go back and give them my credit card and approximate month of transaction. In two minutes I had a printed receipt in my hand. No need to clutter my mail box :wink:

This is probably the best example I’ve seen of how my cameras were and are now. There’s so much mud in the image, absolutely nothing to do with moon phase. Hope the cameras last longer than 6 months tho… maybe we got a bad batch

Is Wyze replacing the WyzeCam V3 for this reason? Any idea?

Yes, they already did. It is legitimate reason as the quality of the feed/recording looks like it’s below 360 p even though the video is 1920 x 1080.

I’m not saying that .139 is the culprit, but I’ve seen quality issues reported on the forum after the update. That is another reason I will not update the firmware for another few days or more. I want to see if more people will come forward with unacceptable quality.

The new camera is running strong so far comparing to the old one. All along I thought that all the connection issues and of course quality were normal for the old camera.

I’ve noticed the same issue with artifacts increasing recently, however I’ve also noticed that it’s directly linked to the amount of ambient light. When it’s pitch black outside I have more artifact in my video. If I compare it to a video over the winter when there was snow on the ground and therefore more ambient light being reflected around I had much less in the way of artifacts.

1 Like

The bright Moon is a big help for one of my V3 cams. Use the search city/place map to find your 2022 moon phases: Just zoom out and in to find your location.

I’m not disputing that moon has an effect on quality or that not enough ambient light equals artifacts. Here is a screen cap from last night cloud covered sky and no moon. the top one is the old cam and bottom is the new.

In my case it was definitely a dying cam. Case in point, the cam is dead now. I would set it up and after half an hour or so of working it will go into “Ready to Connect” mode.

3 Likes

Perfect @habib , that is exactly the A/B comparison that was called for. Yeah that sensor sure has degraded, somehow. :frowning:

Edit: Just realized those are still a week apart, so not really A/B at all.

1 Like

Get out the camera doctor tools and fix the old one :grin:

1 Like

Well, the old camera is dead and I don’t have any other recordings except that one. But, still they are A/B comparison. The really bad one has no detail, it’s all washed out and that night there was no cloud coverage. The new one from last night, cloud coverage galore :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wish I knew how :frowning:

Doctor lessons.

Or this :open_mouth:

Hammer

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think my Wyze needs an external antenna. I’m going with the second choice, the universal tool :wink:

Yesterday I updated the firmware on my replacement camera from 4.36.3.19 to 4.36.9.139 and the video quality for both recorded and live stream is noticeably lower. Looks like Wyze changed something somewhere along the line. Here is a screen shot of before and after the upgrade, or should I say downgrade :frowning: .

1 Like