StarLight Sensor

I got a replacement cam earlier this year after submitting a support ticket and exchanging 2 emails. New cam arrived in about 5 days. I would submit a support ticket and also call on the phone. Here is a video from early this morning, night vision on, IR lights on near, free SPIDER action star.

4 Likes

The problem is, I bought the camera at Home Depot last December and can’t find the receipt. We’ll see what Wyze says, if not I’ll have to buy a new one.

I don’t think you will have much luck with WYZE if you purchased at HD, especially without a proof of purchase. Give it a try anyway, good luck.
If you purchased with credit card, find the credit card bill for Dec./Jan There will be a transaction number on there from Home Depot. Take that to HD

1 Like

I had to download your video to view using Chrome. Your cam is looking out a window correct?

1 Like

No, it’s completely outside under overhang, shielded from rain, snow and sun.

If you bought it at Home Depot using a credit card, they can look up the transaction with the item SKU and the CC # to reproduce the receipt. Home Depot keeps a record of all transactions on all credit cards. In the past, they found a purchase I was returning without a receipt using my CC # and gave me store credit to replace the item.

2 Likes

That is what I’m going to try.

Thanks,

1 Like

Not sure what happened to my uploaded video.

Yes. The room light is on so there is curtain reflection.

Very nice. Looks supernatural. :ghost::scream::alien:

Hey, when ya havin’ us over? I see a place for a table, some chairs and beer. :beers: :grin:

2 Likes

July 4th?

Backyard picnic table is closer to the fridge.

Cheers!
:beer::beers::us_outlying_islands:

1 Like

The supernatural was me deleting the 39 previous VERY LONG videos while the spider was building and running his cable across the front of the cam before he pulled it up out of view. :grin:

3 Likes

I havent noticed any degrading in the Starlight function of my V3 cameras. Is it posssible your WiFi signal has degraded? Maybe you have neighbors using your bandwidth on the same channel now.

1 Like

I just got confirmation from Wyze that they’re sending a replacement camera. They don’t want the old camera back, I guess shipping costs more than the camera.

3 Likes

That’s good news. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:Save the old camera and just use it with night vision on Auto with or without IR lights.

1 Like

I might do just that :slight_smile:
How complicated is to transfer CamPlus to the new camera?

1 Like

I think I did it this way on the app; Open app, go to account, services>cam plus, tap the cam that has cam plus and a green check. then just tap the new cam and it should assign CP to the new cam and remove it from the old cam. You will need to get cam plus lite if you want videos on your old cam after you remove CP, or you could just record to the SD?
Account/CP

1 Like

Also, your new cam may come with a 14 day free Cam Plus trial which you can use until it expires and then add it as per above when it is available or just decline the free trial at set up and do the change after the cam is added. I would use the free trial until it expires.

1 Like

Thanks brother

1 Like

Bet you didn’t know I could type: