Stand alone Wyze Sense Bridge

Will do. Thanks!

1 Like

I’ll keep that in mind if I ever move the camera. Unfortunately where it is now, it wouldn’t really work for, since the two sensors that drop are in another room, and the camera they’re connected to is in the corner, as close to that room as possible. I may just end up needing to by a new Wyze Cam for that room. I suppose there’s worse problems than that.

1 Like

Welcome to your new addiction. I started just getting two cameras, I now have seven, two sense kits (getting more), and 4 bulbs coming (eventually).

1 Like

Yes some people are using short USB extension cable, Even some people 3 feet long to extend The signal Range

1 Like

I just want to buy the existing bridge on its own. I don’t get why it’s so hard to offer that.

4 Likes

you can vote for that here

13 Likes

I have. Wish I could vote multiple times.

6 Likes

I don’t know why they are not selling it separately , They sell the motion sensor separately

5 Likes

I actually pinged support about the option to purchase individual bridges like we do with the motion sesnors. I wanted to put a bridge with each camera I bought so my sensors were always near a camera. No luck so far but hopefully someone will run this up the flagpole as it is additional revenue!

7 Likes

This seems like such an obvious need – my guess is that they don’t have the resources to modify the website. Wyze guys, if you’re listening, let Amazon take care of fulfillment for you, but please please please let us buy components a la carte!

Thanks!

7 Likes

It would be pretty cool if you could use the Wyze hub through a standard USB 2.0 or 3.0 port, and have the contact and motion sensors still be able to connect to it and function properly. Maybe by giving the hub its own ability to connect to wi-fi.

2 Likes

On a simaler note i found a way that a modified cable did in my case atleast completly fix the issue, a few days so far with No errors Wyzesense needs a daily reboot? - #31 by Infamousadmin

1 Like

Currently you have to have a wyze camera if you want to use the wyze sensors . it would be great if you come up with a new product line that does not require wyze cam . this device will connect to sensors and also connect to wifi and reports sensors status directly to the app .

3 Likes

I’d like to use Wyze sensors without relying on a Wyze Cam.

A standalone Sense Bridge (with its own wifi radio) seems like a no-brainer here. I appreciate the design of the Wyze Cam-pluggable Wyze Sense, but I’d like to leverage Wyze as a home automation solution without an enabled Wyze Cam.

Thank you for your consideration and I apologize if this request is a duplicate - I couldn’t find an existing Wishlist request for this specified product.

Thanks.

JC

3 Likes

I need this. Added my vote.
I use my cams outside the house but have a ton of sensors inside to manage lights. Since my bridges are out in the yard they don’t reach some upstairs rooms.

Can you build a bridge into the lights? I’ll add that as a suggestion.

Please make, for lack of a better word, a Wyze Sense Hub that would act as a Sense Bridge but not require a camera.

This would be for installation in scenarios that don’t lend themselves to Cameras such as rental properties and shared properties.

4 Likes

Just setup my first cam and Sense package, the motion sensor and contacts will not connect from one end of the house to the other. I dont reallllly have a need for a camera on the other end of the house, but that would be the only way to get a bridge signal down that way. Would love the option for a stand alone bridge to just plug in without a camera.

3 Likes

Hi OhioTim,

There is a #wishlist item you can vote for to encourage Wyze to look at that. It’s here: Stand alone Wyze Sense Bridge

Yes, my comment is in that thread… which you replied to, and which your link takes you right back to my comment… Not sure what your getting at.

That’s odd, I thought I was replying to a comment in another thread on the same topic. Sorry for the confusion I got my wires crossed somewhere.