Stand AloneTemp sensor modules?

I think I saw… in a video a hint for a stand alone temperature ( and humidity ? ) sensor. If the sensor was a WiFi direct without a bridge, and battery OR wired power I could place in my garage ( I winter pets and plants ) and also in 2 outbuildings ( one is a greenhouse) on my property. Even battery powered, periodic reporting would be adequate. Upper/lower alarms. I could also replace an indoor/outdoor Bluetooth that reports to a display terminal for my refrig/ and separate freezer. I’m using power line tech to reach far points reliably and have ordered TUYA technology to test this approach until WYZE tech becomes available .

**//Mod Edit: Title Modified to Enhance Search Clarity.

I would add that I need this for monitoring cold spaces in my house for potential frozen pipes and/or high humidity damage to certain items stored in those spaces.

This would be absolutely awesome. I don’t need home monitoring but I do need remote temperature indicators (humidity not required for me).

A problem with WiFi (standalone) sensing devices is that they aren’t very battery-friendly, and a lot of places where people might need a temp (and possibly humidity) sensing device are not going to have a convenient AC outlet.

Devices that use lower frequencies (e.g., 900 MHz) can also potentially have longer range than WiFi. Bandwidth is lower, but that really isn’t an issue when all that is being sent is a number.

The more niche a product is, the more flexible one needs to be on sourcing it, rather than expecting one company to fulfill all needs. There are standalone WiFi devices (not really rated for outdoor use, however), just not from Wyze.

I am aware of other devices - I was just hoping I could use Wyze, but I do understand the battery issue. For me, using 120VAC back-up would not be an issue, but for many it could be. Thank you for the explanation. I can still wish, though!