Sprinkler WaterSense Certification

Oh shoot! Thanks for the heads up. I will contact them ASAP.

2 Likes

You all are the best, thank you!!

1 Like

I’ve been in contact with them, but they said updates will take a couple of weeks for the online product search (I’ve tried pushing but it seems government websites take a while to make changes). They did publish the report publicly online though: https://icc-es.org/report-listing/pmg-1624/

Hopefully that will work in the meantime.

1 Like

Thanks for all the help and work the team has done on my suggestion, I’m glad to see the WaterSense cert done and being pushed through so others can take advantage of it. Since I purchased it so early, my receipt is out of date to be valid, but I hope this encourages others to buy and use, as the rebates essentially pay for the sprinkler controller (your mileage may vary).

1 Like

Nice, I was thinking the same thing- it’s too bad if us early adopters don’t benefit from the certification, but it’s worth it for the new users!

I emailed Watersense people at EPA. I asked them if they could update the website and list the Wyze sprinkler as Water Sense approved. This is what they emailed back:

“Wyze irrigation controller model WSPRK1 is not WaterSense labeled at this time. In order for products to earn the WaterSense label, EPA requires all products to be independently certified. Manufacturers must contact an approved licensed certifying body (www.epa.gov/watersense/accreditation-licensed-certifying-bodies) to have their products tested to meet the relevant WaterSense specification (www.epa.gov/watersense/product-specifications).”

Can someone at Wyze get it independently evaluated? Or maybe it already was (?)

Thanks!

Do you mind letting me know which person responded to you?

https://icc-es.org/report-listing/pmg-1624/

I am curious what they think of this report, which shows that we are certified.

ICC-ES is the independent certifying body and CIT Labs is the certified testing lab we used.

Sure!

Here is the conclusion of email:

" Please let us know if you have additional questions. We appreciate your interest in water efficiency!

Sincerely,
Lauren
ERG for EPA’s WaterSense Helpline

WaterSense Helpline
Staffed by ERG (Contractor to U.S. EPA)
(866) WTR-SENS (987-7367)
www.epa.gov/watersense"

2 Likes

Oh, and for what it’s worth, I did attach the certificate (that you reference above) to the email I sent.

Maybe this is just one of those cases where you have to talk to the right person (?). I dunno.

Thanks for your ongoing efforts!

1 Like

It’s live now on their website! WaterSense Product Search - Weather-Based Irrigation Controllers

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!

1 Like