Hello, so after a few weeks with the sprinkler controller here are some items that I feel could be improved upon or clarified! if any of this is already presented feel free to point me in the right direction!
- Glossary of terms and/or functionality. Upon setup of zones for example I had to do some research as to what some of the soil type options meant as well as how settings in one aspect affect another. There seems to be a powerful brain behind the controller but that’s no good to me if I don’t understand or enter the correct info.
- Standard operation details. For example what is normal behavior. These controllers have all the zones pulsating on the controller the whole time and it almost feels like the unit is in some sort of pairing mode. Meanwhile it appears that this is normal behavior which seems odd because there is no ability to modify the pulsating of the LED’s.
- Better visual behavior of app versus physical controller. For example I have 2x zones currently disabled and they are greyed out in the app, but on the controller they are illuminated and pulsating with the rest. They in fact can be turned on from the controller while disabled in the app.
- More in depth feedback. For me this relates to the additional sensors. Currently I have a rain sensor attached to the Sensor 1 connection but other than indicating in the app that its a rain sensor there is no other options or feedback. I cant tell from the app whether the rain sensor is working or what its doing. Figure a simple icon or some sort of indicator that it is active or in use or such would go a long way in both usage and trouble shooting.
- Notifications. So far I have not received a single notification for start, end, or skips. This probably is a firmware issue but feels noteworthy.
If I missed something that would clarify any of the above feel free to pass long the info! Thanks!
- Does enabling a rain/soil sensor in the system override the Sprinkler Plus rain/weather prediction component?
- Please add a unit offline notification. App does not report offline status and what schedule ran as result of that status.