Spotlight Stops Working

Don’t know that ver. of f/w. I was on beta 4.36.4.24 which was stable with the spotlight.
Now on beta f/w 4.36.4.102 but don’t know when that was updated. I didn’t do it :upside_down_face:
I can say that most of the beta for V3 are 4.36.4.xx

Hmm, why does mine say it’s up to date?

If you are in a Beta testing project may need to goto the Account tab in the App, then
About, Beta Program, Edit and finally check the Wyze Cam v3

I’m using the Android. I can’t find it but the app is beta and all. I just looked and my version shows the latest. Are you on maybe the alpha? No one in the beta group on facebook as .4.102 either.

So you’re on Beta release but you don’t see a Beta Program option under About tab? Strange.

I’m Android (9), too. Yes, maybe Alpha but don’t know were the 4.102 came from either…
Suggest calling support and tell them you’re on Beta and ask for the correct App and f/w ver.

Looks like it will run on release software sooner then later. With a beam of light, intruders take flight! - Wyze Cam v3 + Spotlight Bundle 8/10/21

1 Like

Maybe you’re confused about the situation, my apologies as I’m not good at explaining this… My spotlight will turn on when motion is detected but stays on. When I go to the app to turn off the little spotlight icon is not there and I go to the settings under the gear to accessories, click the spotlight and get an error that the spotlight is not installed. So I either have to restart the cam 50 times or go and physically unplug to get the thing to turn off. That is not supposed to happen, obviously. Every time the spotlight turns on it has to be unplugged in order to turn off. The app will not do it whether it shows installed or not. It just happened again while I was typing this.

Understood. I believe it is a problem with the App +/or f/w rather then with the lamp. I’m running several Beta Apps and get same symptoms (won’t turn off, icon missing, no lamp installed) on:

• Apps that don’t support the spotlight option.
  • Accidently updating firmware to a version that doesn’t support spotlight.

And yes, some combinations work sometimes but only one works consistantly. The release App should work since looks like spotlight is already in pre-sale now.

I have beta app on Android. Release app on iPhone. Niether of them are working

Have you tried the older release version f/w like 4.36.1.4 (May 5, 2021) with

• Improved spotlight firmware stability

-or- the newer 4.36.2.5 (June 14, 2021)

I would think one of these release firmware would work with your iPhone on current release App. 2.23.21
At least that might work and isolate the problem to the firmware version.

I just spent several hours on the phone with support and they have no idea what is going on with my spotlight. The email to support is being returned to me so I can’t even get a replacement on the spotlight. Like other people have posted on here about the spotlight issues, this is a failed product and until Wyze admits to that, the thing is going to continuously glitch. When I pay for something I expect it to work; whether it’s $1 or $100.

Have you gotten through to any Wyze support employee(s)? Do you have a support ticket number for this?
I would highly suggest calling again if possible, you’ll get a faster/better response.

I called them several times and have got nowhere with this issue. It;s the same old story as it has been for the past year with them. I did get a ticket number though which is 1393487. I tagged Gwendolyn on Facebook and still nothing. I don’t like putting out money on something that doesn’t work. And it’s not the cam fw that is the problem. It’s the fw for the spotlight. I had the cam on old new version spotlight on original fw and it worked great. It was immecdiately after updating to the new fw on the spotlight this happened. Obviously though it seems nothing will be done about this? :frowning:

One thing for sure though is that this will make issue #15 in the past year that has not been resolved. If this one is not resolved I’ll have to leave the Wyze community and go to something else.

I will try to get that looked into.

Thank you. They do seem to be having problems getting email solved and the person I just talked to today said that until the email works there’s nothing can be done. But maybe you can make some headway. Again the spotlight worked great (except for user error) until fw .16

1 Like

I’m not a Wyze employee, just a user like you. Sometimes Mavens can help get tickets looked into.

I understand. I had 3 wyze employees on the fb group look at my problem but none ever bother to get back to me unless I post on their public facebook page. I could at least get an answer that they are looking into the problem but to not be able to get a replacement is the deciding factor whether I stay with Wyze or not. Considering it’s only 2 months old. Thank you :slight_smile:

Also since I’m not able to get through to them could you also let them know that I’m testing this inside the house and it works ok. And it’s farther away from the router where it’s at now then it was when outside. The other 2 spotlights are working ok just this one which is a replacement of a replacement of a replacement (maybe not by Wyze but I just bought to replace).

1 Like

Thank you for escalating this. I have a replacement ordered.

If it still doesn’t work, try ordering new cables on Amazon. I thought I had a faulty camera-it was making all kind of noises, would not connect, etc and I was afraid it was going to burn the house down. Contacted Wyze and they sent a new one out. Later I saw a Wyze compatible cable on Amazon, bought it and tried it and the camera worked fine with the new cable! I am still having issues with my spot light. It is motion activated and then stays on all night.

Ok I dont want the thing on all night. It reflects on the awning in Mom’s bedroom keeping her awake. Hence one of my main problems.