Spotlight Kit

The spotlight kit looks awesome, if it does what I think it will, I can replace my motion sensor flood lights with this. I currently have a Wyze Cam Outdoor mounted below the flood lights, wonder if it will work with the outdoor cam as well (probably not). Either way, I pre-ordered a V3, will be interesting.

7 Likes

Oh, nice, didn’t see this. It actually makes me a little interested in the V3, which I otherwise found underwhelming. I bought a very nice 2K person detecting floodlight camera from another company - just about exactly the same price as this after shipping - but its software and support are poor.

Where did you see this?

Bottom of the page here https://wyze.com/wyze-cam-v3.html

4 Likes

Are their any details besides coming soon we can know? The lumen output preferably. This is the perfect setup. I cant believe its finally happened. This will blow the market away. 2020 just got way better.

2 Likes

No details yet :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

here’s another option: https://smile.amazon.com/Wasserstein-Floodlight-Charger-Outdoor-Compatible/dp/B08F9XJVSD?ref_=ast_sto_dp

5 Likes

Update: spotlight kit and outdoor power adapter will be available in December
Edit: the spotlight kit will be powered by the V 3 camera with a special cable to connect it

3 Likes

Seems almost certain to be the other way around?

1 Like

take a look at the picture in the first post. it looks like a small spotlight and so it’s probably correct that the spotlight is powered by the camera. probably some usb. plug like the motion sensor hub

Actually your probably right I was just quoting exactly what they said.
Seems to me it would be connected to the pigtail and line In, which means the line in would actually be powering the camera and the spotlight

1 Like

Yup, from what I can tell from the pictures there’s no power output port of any kind on the V3.

Not that it matters at all which is connected first.

1 Like

No there is no power outlet on the V 3 so most likely where the power cable connects to the pigtail on the V 3 there would be a Y connector for the spotlight and cam

1 Like

I was thinking daisy chain, not Y splitter, but again it doesn’t much matter. I guess your way requires less exposure to the weather.

Seems like with an accessory like that coming they would have a 2 amp power supply but it came with a 1 amp

1 Like

Yeah and they’re saying existing power supplies will work and you can still daisy chain from a V2, which means pretty low power lighting. I guess that’s why Carver mentioned a different “floodlight” in his recap. I’m thinking this “spotlight” will be pretty dim. My HeimVision floodlight cam takes 12V.

2 Likes

I was looking into those to get the V2s outdoors and with good light enough for the cameras to switch to full color. But now that system doesnt really make sense with these new cameras. For those big bulky lights they cost $50-$60 dollars plus a camera means cost of around $80 a light starting ish. Then you have to worry about the house lighting and electricity of it. Which isnt all that bad. But with the new cameras $30 for all of it and the new starlight sensor at night with just a little bit of light will give you almost the same picture I think. I will of course have to test this out fully. But I think the new camera will outperform the combo of the camera and the spotlight housing 100%.

1 Like

I’m guessing that it will output enough light to allow the starlight sensor to get decent color video in a pitch black setting but to the human eye will not be that bright.

3 Likes

Not that the bar for 2020 was too high to begin with…

1 Like

Is this going to have the rechargeable battery/ wireless like the outdoor cam?