Specifications for making your own watch faces

OK, so I be clear…I know you can use pictures on your phone to make custom faces for the watches.

I want to take it a step further. I would like to know what the specifications are if I would like to design my own faces on a photo editor that I can put on my phone and then put on the watch. For instance, I may have a photo I like but want it cropped very specifically, or I might want to darken/lighten an area so when the watch adds the numbers on top they are more legible.

So, is there a spec for pixels (i.e. 480 x 720) or an aspect ratio (i.e. 3:4) that would make it easier.

Marc

OK, silly me…I was searching on the forums and Google and the answer is right there on the specs page. When I bought the watch I didn’t notice they included that in the specs. LOL!

Screen Resolution: 320 x 385 pixels

Instead of deleting my question I’ll leave this answer here in case someone else decides to play around with this for fun like me.

Marc

3 Likes

It has been a long time since I made my watch face, but I don’t think you need to know the size. I think I just gave the app a photo, and it made it the right size. Since it was a little bigger than the window I just moved it around to get the crop I wanted. :slight_smile:

As I said in my original post, I know that you can do that. I have taken photos from my phone and sized them, etc. as you said. I am referring to being more specific to design something for fun that is cropped very specifically or designed otherwise to be used in a more exacting way. For instance, I have a photo I really like of my Wife and I and in the area that’s best to put the time it would be best to adjust the colors there to make the numbers more legible. I know most people wouldn’t care about doing things like this but I enjoy it.

Marc

1 Like

Hey there! I don’t want to spam the forums with links, but if you are in the Wyze Discord, message me, Revo#1234. I can give you the specifications and the template I use with Canva.